Railway training Institute is one of the oldest training institution in the east African Region. Over the years the Institute has undergone a series of transformation through which a number of reforms have been implemented. After the dissolution of the East Africa Railways and Harbours in 1976, the Institute became fully owned by Kenya Railways Corporation offering only Railways courses.
Finance Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulation and implementation of the Institute’s finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Formulation and implementation of effective system of internal control that adheres to the Institute’s policies and procedures.
- Ensuring prudent financial management in the Institution.
- Ensuring the Institute’s assets and liabilities are safeguarded and recorded correctly.
- Giving guidance in all financial and accounting matters.
- Preparation and presentation of annual revenue and capital budgets.
- Ensuring adequate budgetary controls are in place.
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of accounts as well as preparing timely and accurate financial statements.
Qualifications for the Finance Manager Job
- Bachelors of Commerce degree or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- CPA (K) or its equivalent.
- Satisfactorily served as an Accountant I in the Institute or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Demonstrated high understanding of accounting matters.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Strong team working skills.
- High degree of integrity and dependability.
- Have excellent computer skills.
System Administrator Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provision of technical support and guidance for all data systems and infrastructure.
- Analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of computer programmes for user support.
- Maintenance of ICT equipment and related peripherals.
- Receiving, installing and certifying ICT equipment.
- Ensuring that the network is operational and appropriate back-up rules are implemented
- Carrying out preventive maintenance on the ICT systems.
- Responding to and troubleshooting emergencies including server and system outages.
- Designing and integration of appropriate ICT systems and ensure compatibility of existing systems and network infrastructure.
Qualifications for the System Administrator Job
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Satisfactorily served for at least three (3) years in the grade of ICT Assistant in the Institute or a comparable position in a similar institution.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer operating systems.
- Demonstrate an excellent command for win 2003 server installation, configuration and setup
- Demonstrate excellent Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Experience with an ERP system will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of LAN and WAN set up and configuration
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- High degree of integrity.
Librarian Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, implementing and enhancing library automation projects and services.
- Maintaining library collections of books, serial publications, documents, audiovisual, and other materials, and assists groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials
- Serves as liaison for library services with clients and other libraries.
- Furnishing information on library activities, facilities, rules, and services.
- Examining book reviews, publishers’ catalogs, and other information sources to recommend material acquisition.
Qualifications for the Librarian Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in library or information studies from a recognized institution.
- Satisfactorily served in a similar position in a comparable institution for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Demonstrated ability to convene and teach classes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills.
Chef Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning the menu.
- Coordinating production of planned menu.
- Organizing the kitchens’ brigade to prepare and dispense food.
- Supervising the receipt of raw materials to the kitchens.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the kitchens.
- Training and assisting cooks on new uncommon menus.
- Making cost returns for the kitchens.
- Ensuring proper use of equipment’s in the kitchens.
- Collating comments and complaints collected from members and acting on the same.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Chef Job
- Bachelors degree in Nutrition or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Food and Beverage production or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Served in the grade of Head Cook in the Institute or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Demonstrated outstanding capability in supervisory skills.
- Ability to work well within a team while taking responsibility for the same team.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimal supervision
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.