If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities. Working hand-in-hand with individuals at every level of the health system–from patients to health care providers to government officials–ICAP is dedicated to delivering high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. The organization tackles the world’s most pressing health threats and, in collaboration with partners around the world, implements transformative solutions to meet the health needs of individuals. With its roots in comprehensive, family-focused HIV services, ICAP is known for capacity building and for its innovative, effective, and ethical programs that are implemented in the most challenging resource-limited settings. ICAP is also known for its collaborative and supportive approach to strengthening government health systems and local partners’ capacity to deliver quality health services. To date, ICAP has worked to address major public health challenges and the needs of local health systems in more than 5,200 sites across 20 countries. ICAP began partnering with the Government of Kenya in 2006 to support the rapid-scale up of HIV care and treatment. We now provide technical assistance and capacity building at a national level and implementation support at the health facility level in Eastern Southern and Nyanza provinces. ICAP’s current portfolio also includes nursing and midwifery education projects and HIV research initiatives. Our partners in Kenya include a range of public health stakeholders, local NGOs, universities and educational institutions, and professional councils.
LOCATION: Nairobi with 50% travel across Kenya
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Director-KENPHIA Project, the Technical Advisor will participate in the technical design and lead in the implementation aspects of the KENPHIA survey on behalf of ICAP. The incumbent will also oversee survey technical staff as well as ensure compliance to all ethical board and donor institutional requirements.
Responsibilities for the Technical Advisor Job
- Assist in the development & implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for the survey
- Work together with the national survey coordinator and regional coordinators to develop team deployment work plans and give periodic progress updates to various survey planning and monitoring organs
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all ethical board and research monitoring auditor requirements including meeting documentation standards and reporting of incidents or adverse events
- Make frequent field visits to provide supportive supervision and address arising bottlenecks encountered by national, regional and field technical teams
- Coordinate survey planning meetings between ICAP and survey partner organizations including Government of Kenya, and CDC
- Coordinate provision of all technical assistance by ICAP staff to the Ministry of Health
- Actively participate in the development of monthly progress reports, presentations, publications and abstracts
- Perform other duties as needed
Requirements for the Technical Advisor Job
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from a recognized institution. Masters in Public Health preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing national or regional public health research programs in areas such as HIV, TB, and maternal child health in Kenya
- Strong supervisory and management experience in leading large multi- disciplinary research teams
- Prior clinical research or program evaluation experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Chief Operations Manager, the Central Warehouse Logistics Officer is the focal person responsible for managing the central warehouse. The incumbent will oversee the receipt and dispatch of goods, implement efficient stock inventory monitoring and replenishment levels as well as coordinates the timely distribution of goods to KENPHIA regional warehouses and field teams. This position is grant funded.
Responsibilities for the Logistics Officer Job
- Managing the warehouse and distribution of goods according to project requirements
- Controlling inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system, ensuring inventory accuracy at all levels and reordering stocks through the organization’s procurement chain.
- Overseeing the dispatch and distribution of goods to KENPHIA regional warehouses and project field teams
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order processing and dispatch.
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and ensuring inventory accuracy by real time reconciliation of receipts and issuances.
- Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as required
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
Requirements for the Logistics Officer Job
- Bachelors degree related to stock management, logistics or related field.
- Practical experience of stores inventory and management of biomedical commodities and supplies mandatory.
- Knowledge of coordinating procurement, logistics, imports and custom clearance
- Strong analytical, communication, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Expert level knowledge of MS office packages
- Fluency in oral and written English
go to method of application »
Working under the overall guidance of the Fleet Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for transporting staff and supplies to different sites as assigned.
Responsibilities for the Driver Job
- Ensure cleanliness, safety and security of the vehicle at all times
- To document all vehicle movements and maintain up-to-date driver’s logbook
- To provide logistical support in dispatching of supplies to the facilities.
- To monitor mileage and ensure the vehicle under his/her care is serviced in time
- To monitor expiry date of the insurance of the vehicle under his/her care to ensure the same is renewed on time
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle under his/her care
- Ensure adherence to the government traffic rules for himself/herself and the passengers in the vehicle
- Strictly adhere to ICAP vehicle movement hours
Requirements for the Driver Job
- Minimum KCSE qualification
- Valid Kenyan driving license Class ‘BCE’ free of endorsement. Those with knowledge of motor vehicle mechanics will have an added advantage
- A certificate of Good Conduct
- At least 5 years’ driving experience and good knowledge of the region (s) assigned. ( indicate the counties you are familiar with in your application)
- Be reliable, punctual, self-motivated, a great attitude and strong work ethic
Method of Application
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to the Director- Human Resources, ICAP, email@example.com on or before July 14, 2017. Do not send certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.