Company Limited was incorporated in Kenya in October 2004 and licensed to do business in August 2005 It is an initiative of the Catholic Church with a vision to be the icon of reliability and trustworthiness.
Unit Manager Job Qualifications
- A University degree in Business or any social science, professional qualifications in Sales & Marketing
- a minimum of three years’ experience in sales supervisory responsibilities in a fast moving service industry.
- She/he should be at least 25 years old.
- Experience in the Insurance industry is an added advantage.
Requirements for the Unit Manager Job
- have a passion for sales
- be a good communicator
- have good interpersonal skills
- have strong leadership skills
- be passionate about developing people
- be passionate about becoming an entrepreneur
go to method of application »
To ensure that the company is managed in a sound and prudent manner by having in place systems for identifying, assessing, monitoring, and mitigating the risks that may affect its ability to meet its obligations to policyholders
Roles for the Risk Manager Job
- Lead the implementation of the Risk Management process.
- In liaison with the management, develop the company’s risk appetite and tolerance levels in all areas.
- Maintain an updated risk register
- Respond to queries on risk raised by the regulators
- Develop and implement a DRP/BCP for the organization
- Identify the risks facing the company and continue updating the risk profile on new and emerging risks.
- Reports at predetermined intervals to Executive and the Board Audit, risks & Governance Committee on the risk profile of the company indicating risk indicators, level of risks by categories and responses and measures taken.
- Continuously monitors to ensure risk measurers are adequate and operate effectively.
- In liaison with departmental managers, initiate follow-up action to ensure implementation of audit recommendations on risk management audits.
- Organize regular training and awareness to the staff on risk management process so that they understand their involvement and develop a risk culture.
- Ensure relevant material information is delivered to all relevant stakeholders and the regulator in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular reviews of the risk management system to ensure that necessary modifications and improvements are identified and made in a timely manner
- Assist the management in carrying out risk management responsibilities by providing specialist analyses on risk management and performing risk reviews.
- Assess, aggregate, monitor and help manage and otherwise address identified risks effectively; this includes assessing the company’s capacity to absorb risk with due regard to the nature, probability, duration, correlation and potential severity of risks
- Evaluate the internal and external risk environment on an on-going basis in order to identify and assess potential risks as early as possible.
- Regularly report to management, Key Persons in Control Functions on the company’s risk profile and details on the risk exposures facing the company and related mitigation actions as appropriate.
- Document and report material changes affecting the company’s risk management system to the management to help ensure that the framework is maintained, reviewed and improved
- Conduct regular assessments of the risk management function and the risk management system and implement or monitor the implementation of any needed improvements
- Convene on quarterly basis risk management committee meetings to discuss among other things risks identified within each quarter and asses the status and adequacy of mitigation measures in place. Discuss in these meetings the report to be given to the internal auditor for audit board committee review.
Risk Manager Job Requirements
- A Bachelor Degree in business related filed from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Risk Management will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in risk management field
- Strong risk management skills;
- Technical acumen;
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail;
- The ability to cope under pressure;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs;
- The ability to understand broad business issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
Method of Application
If you believe you have what it takes to deliver, please send us your detailed CV indicating your preferred area of operation by 18 July 2017 to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.