One Acre Fund
is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
Job Description: The Human Resource Payroll Specialist performs Human Resource related duties at a professional level to implement daily activities and provide excellent customer service to internal customers in assigned areas including but not limited to: Finance, People Division, and Field Operations.
This individual ensures accurate processing and recording of One Acre Fund’s payroll, provides timely and accurate financial information, and undertakes data entry for payroll processing.
- Payroll management and training – Coordinating the implementation of payroll across each of the One Acre Fund countries of operation, leading the work and professional development of a small team of payroll support staff.
- SAGE VIP Liaison – Working closely with the SAGE VIP team in Nairobi to ensure that all technical issues are resolved quickly and accurately, and all updates (software and legal) are applied in good time.
- Standardization Champion – Working closely with One Acre Fund leadership to ensure that all country level payrolls maintain a standardized structure. E.g. Job Grades are applied in a consistent and accurate manner
- Global Report writer/owner – Liaise with National & Global teams to understand their reporting needs and then writing and installing these reports in all country level payroll setups.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
Project Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with at least 2 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in payroll management with prior experience with SAGE VIP Payroll software a strong advantage.
- Bachelors’ degree in human resource, business, accounting or a related field. Certified Professional Accountant through an internationally recognized professional body is an added advantage.
- English required, French and languages of the region (e.g. Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda) are an added advantage
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Values champion: naturally goes above and beyond ethical conduct to ensure alignment to One Acre values and work culture
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- We seek passionate professionals who combine deep maturity with patience, flexibility, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Potential for professional growth: We value past experience but we value potential higher: You need to be able to learn and improve your skills and abilities at One Acre Fund. We will assess your potential through your educational background, your previous work experience and your ability to solve case scenarios during the interview process
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Benefits: Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund career website on www.oneacrefund.org to apply