is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Officer, The Project Assistant will support the program delivery and the project officers in accordance to both the project document and ACTED’s rules and procedures.
Project Assistant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or a higher Diploma or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
- At least 1 year working experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management in an NGO/INGO is preferable.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Hands On experience in report writing and communication
- Ability and willing to travel within the region,
- Fluency in Somali and English languages
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
Method of Application
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to email@example.com by or before 1st August 2017.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.