PricewaterhouseCoopers is one of Kenya's leading professional services firms focused on providing Audit & Assurance, Advisory and Tax services. Our primary strategic goal is to create value for our clients and deliver a competitive advantage to their operations. Our blend of international and Kenyan expertise is fundamental to the high quality of advice and assistance that we offer. As elsewhere in the world, PricewaterhouseCoopers in Kenya uses the benefit of its hands-on experience to provide a strong level of local understanding and support, in accordance with the international professional standards of the PricewaterhouseCoopers worldwide organisation. With over 350 employees we stand firm on our commitment to provide highly qualified professionals to assist private companies and public institutions with our first-hand knowledge and expertise-within Kenya and internationally.
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Managing Committee, the Director will provide strategic and executive leadership to the Centre and School. S/he will be responsible for delivering on the mission of Starehe which is “To provide care and education for boys in need and transform them into productive and exemplary members of society”. This will entail spearheading the collaborative development of a transformational strategy that preserves the essence of Starehe while taking advantage of global, regional and local developments.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Spearhead the collaborative development of a transformational strategy that preserves the essence of Starehe while taking advantage of global, regional and local developments.
- Present a clear plan and budget that accords with the strategy, resources and needs of the institution.
- Identify and execute resource mobilization strategies to deliver on the strategy.
- Take responsibility for procuring, retaining and performance management of a team that has the foundation of character aligned to Starehe, appropriately skilled to deliver on their areas of responsibility, and regularly account for their performance.
- Take a proactive role in holding the team to account not only for their performance, but for maintaining the “Essence of Starehe” (the Starehe Way) and keeping the good name of Starehe.
- Engage with the boys and staff to have a feel of matters on the ground, inspire them and provide immediate feedback and counsel, and capture lessons that will contribute to improving performance or governance.
- Be the custodian of "the good name of Starehe" through engagement with and responsiveness to key stakeholders including sponsors/donors, international and local partners, Alumni, Government officials or other institutions keen on engaging with Starehe.
- Report on a periodic basis to the Managing Committee and at a minimum to the Chair on any matters that the Managing Committee ought to be informed on.
- Account to the Managing Committee for performance and culture.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Managing Committee from time to time.
Key Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field. He should have over ten years’ experience in leadership positions in medium or large reputable institutions, five of which must be at C- level. Above all, the successful individual must demonstrate a track record of character consistent with the ethos of Starehe.