If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
HCS Africa is a Nairobi (Kenya) based, human resources professional services provider with Human Resources (HR) partners in various countries in Africa including Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria and Ethiopia. HCS Africa’s primary target market includes small and medium entrepreneurs and non-governmental organizations spanning the African continent. Its other target markets include large entrepreneurs, government departments, parastatals and multinationals who we will service jointly through our local, regional and global strategic preferred partners and alliances.
Our Client, a Global Non profit Organization in the Healthcare sector seeks to recruit a Global Finance Director. He/She will be responsible for overseeing the entire scope of global financial management and ensuring that financial information for the Organization is complete, accurate, and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, IRS regulations and other laws, and Organization policies and procedures.
Responsible for developing and managing the organization Global annual budget. Manages budget preparation, tracking, and reporting financials for specific grants including monthly reconciliation and monitoring burn rates for organization Global.
Interacts with all levels of Global staff and management and the organization Finance and Development departments and ensures that the day-to-day as well as special projects are completed in an accurate, timely, customer-friendly, and professional manner.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all systems used by the Finance Division, including but notlimited to Sage X3,Microstrategy, Adaptive Insights, and any new system implemented bythe organization. Makes effective and efficient use of such systems.
- Reviews the financial transactions entered into various financial systems at the organization Global field offices and at the Headquarters. Reviews supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy in accordance with financial controls.
- Assists in establishing and monitoring standard financial operating procedures in coordination with the organization’s Controller and its financial policies and procedures.
- Provides information, reporting and analysis to assist the organization Global team ensure that resources are used effectively. Monitors spending and budgeting to ensure that transactions are recorded and monitored accurately.
- Reviews organization Global field office general ledger accounting, including Accounts Payable/Accounts
- Receivable/General Accounting functions. Reviews consolidating entries into organization general ledger to ensure that transactions are accurately transferred to organization’s financial system.
- Reviews global transactions for completeness and accuracy according to financial and accounting controls and procedures.
- Provides summary financial reports and detailed transaction reports to assist management with budget monitoring and other informational needs.
- Works closely with organization Controller, Assistant Controllers, Budget Director, and organization Global Finance Manager and organization Finance team to ensure timely monthly/quarterly closes and consolidation of Global financial data into organization’s financial system, and completes related reporting.
- Reviews journal entries for vendor and grants payable accruals.
- Ensures the preparation of entries based on information provided by organization Global staff to close or reconcile accounts each month and submit for review. Performs account analyses and reconciliations.
- Oversees complex accounting/financial analyses to identify trends, project financials and present findings to senior management.
- Manages annual in-country audits and other statutory audits. Manages funder or other audits conducted at organization headquarters or at global offices.
- Assists the Controller and Assistant Controllers with regard to organization Global in planning the organization year-end fiscal year close and audit and coordinates documentation gathering required for fiscal year-end external auditors to ensure the accurate and timely performance of year- end account analysis. Ensures analyses required for the audit are kept current during the year. Assists the Controller with adjusting and performing special audit journal entries; conducting audit preparation projects; responding to auditor’s requests for information and inquiries.
- In consultation with organization’s Controller, analyzes, develops and implements recommendations to improve accounting business processes, analytical tools, and financial systems to ensure effective and efficient financial operations. Provides direction to organization Global staff on financial policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Manages creation of annual organization Global budget and budget reforecast under direction of Global leadership and guidance from organization’s Budget Director.
- Manages Global grant program administrations including proposal development, grant and contract administration, grant reporting.
- Ensures grants and contracts budgets align with overall institutional budgets and forecasts.
- Reviews subaward payment instructions provided by the program and finance staff and reviews all relevant supporting documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares or ensures preparation of detailed and auditable grant reports. Coordinates with Development and organization Grants Finance to ensure compliance with due dates for submission of financial reports to donors.
- Coordinates with organization Development staff in preparation and submission of grant applications and reporting against funded projects and programs. Researches and prepares responses to donor queries.
- Assures compliance with grant and award terms and approved grant budgets.
- Reviews financial transaction details for all grants to ensure accurate allocation of expenses to projects and grants. Ensures any reclassification entries for grants are entered into the general ledger system.
- Responds to program staff financial inquiries with regard to grant funding, budgets, expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of directly related, progressively responsible financial grants management and accounting experience are required. Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required. The ideal candidate will possess solid finance and accounting experience with non- profits (including grants management), and experience with both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations is highly desirable.
- Above average computer literacy including General Ledger, A/R and A/P modules, and any other system from which information is provided for General Ledger interfaces, whether manual or integrated. Excel and Word.
- Exceptional skills at organizing detailed financial information and attention to detail.
- Ability to pull raw data and organize information in multiple formats for multiple audiences.
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and lookups.
- International travel to/from organization headquarters and occasionally other organization Global locations – approx. 25%.
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding.
- Comfortable getting to “yes” in a collaborative, consensus driven style.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style.
- A direct and open style; outstanding interpersonal skills and customer service skills including demonstrated skills in problem resolution
- Outstanding communication (spoken, written, presentation) and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and pay attention to details.
- A smart and confident associate with a clear and informed opinion.
- Diplomatic style; and high emotional and social intelligence.
- Integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage.
The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. The candidate must be legally permitted to work in Kenya full-time.
Our Client, in the Financial sector who focus on growing successful enterprises in Africa through business acceleration, strategic advice and access to investments are seeking to recruit a Lead Accountant, who will be responsible for the financial integrity of the organization and referring to the Head of Operations in support of the CEO and the Executive Directors.
- Develop annual budgets that reflect the strategic decision made by the CEO and executive directors and the supervisory board; quarterly budget adjustments.
- Periodic cash-flow forecasting; monthly financial reporting to CEO and Executive Directors.
- All accounting functions and supporting accounts assistants and bookkeepers ensuring skills, discipline and attention to detail is at highest possible levels.
- Bi-annual appraisal of team members
- Support head of operations in procurement management and audit of suppliers, including supplier management in Head of Operations absence.
- Project and programmes budgeting and financial planning with relevant directors and relevant project/ programmes manager.
- Supervision of project/ programme accounting, including internal audits where necessary.
- Periodic financial reporting to funding partners, as prescribed by funding agreements.
- Support grant and proposal writing efforts, with an emphasis on the financial aspects.
- Development of invoicing, payment collection and reimbursement/ disbursement strategy.
- Development, maintenance of financial policies, including training on the enforcement of such policies; development and enforcement of other internal controls.
- Management of audit process for the group, its subsidiaries and holding structures.
- Management of relations with the group’s banks, auditors, company secretary, lawyers, tax and financial consultants.
- Assets management, management of intangible assets, warranties and licensing requirements.
- Development of treasury strategy; management of treasury functions
- Ensuring that the company’s financial and legal conduct meets the minimum requirements, industry benchmarks or higher if specified by the Supervisory Board; including ensuring the past and the present compliance with all the relevant authorities and government institutions.
- Be an active part of the leadership group; including being a spokesperson internally for the values, objectives and plans the group is striving towards.
- Assist in the overall performance monitoring of the group, and proactively contribute to solutions that address performances that could be improved.
- 7+ years of relevant experience of which 2 minimum years heading an accounting department/ finance team with managerial (team) responsibilities
- Proven track record and experience from both the private and non-governmental sectors
- Experience in all functions of accounting, including preparing for and leading external audits
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage a team with limited resources and mentor team members to ensure excellent, stable and disciplined team performance.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to present information clearly and succinctly.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work in high-pressure situations and to meet tight deadlines without losing attention to details and perfection of tasks at hand
- Willingness to work beyond immediate areas of responsibility and possess a ‘roll up the sleeves and get the job done’’ attitude
- Fully qualifies as a CPA, with an undergraduate degree e.g. B.Com or BBA.
Our Client, in the Financial sector who focus on growing successful enterprises in Africa through business acceleration, strategic advice and access to investments are seeking to recruit a Communications Associate, who will be responsible communicating the company and its impactful activities to a broad range of stakeholders; Funders, investors, prospective applicants for our acceleration programmes, partners, potential clients, alumni and employees etc.
- Drawing attention of investors, funders, partners and mentors to the organization and its ventures
- Development of a core base of communications templates and resources, e.g. interview guidelines, profiles and presentations
- Attracting high-potential and growth-oriented startups and ventures to the organizations’ programmes and other services.
- Co-creation and implementation of communications towards the organizations’ complex web of clients and stakeholders.
- Developing and refining copywriting for on and offline plus social communications channels
- Positioning the organization in relevant on and offline media especially outside Kenya by co-developing documenting and maintaining public relations.
- Bringing a data and research supported approach to our communications and positioning.
- Draft periodic reports for funding partners; communicate impact and derived insights
- Assisting in the development of funding and partnership proposals.
- Providing communications related advice and support to the organizations’ ventures, e.g. investor briefs, pitch decks.
- Driving internal communications protocols and policies, train staff on the same.
- 4-6 years of work experience, with atleast 3 years dedicated within communications
- Undergraduate degree in communications-relates studies (journalism, mass-media comm. Etc) and pursuing a graduate degree preferably in business – related studies e.g. MBA
- Ability to position a bran to stakeholders from diverse geographic and socio-economic backgrounds
- Experience in the development of organizational strategies relating to communications.
- Must have impeccable verbal and written English communications skills.
- Strong attention to details
- Previous experience in developing fundraising proposals and donor communication, managing social and online media, content development and social media and blogs will be an asset
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.