If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
We are an agricultural supply chain platform operating in East Africa that provides procurement and distribution services to clients that want to improve their agriculture supply chain services and in turn deliver essential farming inputs and other value adding products to clients and consumers in rural Africa.
Purpose of Assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Inventory Manager, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for insuring efficient receipt, storage, dispatch and out loading of supply/equipment of agricultural inputs.
- Take complete responsibility for the management of the inventory and warehousing operations in Kisumu warehouse, in line with set policies and procedures; including the receipt, storage, accounting, dispatching and reporting of all commodities received and stored in the warehouse.
- Ensure that accurate and compete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning, even cold chain requirements, and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Produce regular stock reports, daily stock position, monthly commodity and logistic movements reports through the usage of the platform and technology.
- Oversee all the loading and offloading activities at gate, counting of bags and stock while loading and offloading, prepare arrangement plans for stock based on warehouse segmentation.
- Ensure prompt dispatch of products to the clients, production of delivery notes prior to client loading/delivery and filling of all related documentation.
- Recruit, train and supervise the warehouse staff, storekeepers and tally clerks
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to commodities arrivals
- Ensure that all the receipts, delivery notes and invoices are properly documented, including any damages and shortages.
- Make periodic random checks during loading/unloading operations to ensure that commodities by the trucks confirm to quantity record on the truck waybill.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored. Carry out regular commodity physical random check/inventory of the warehouse.
- Ensure security of warehouse, commodities and staff.
- Ensure all necessary licensing requirements are up to date, all health and safety regulation are adhered to.
- Ensure the adequate provision of all warehouse equipment such as pallets and tools and the provision of reconstruction materials such as sacks and strings.
- Ensure warehouse cleanliness;When necessary, arrange fumigation of infested stocks and inspection certification of damaged cargo; prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal.
- Prepare loading and offloading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly filled for outgoing stock.
- Assess the strengths and the weaknesses of the warehouse operation and propose corrective actions and technical advice to the management on storage needs and options.
- Identify alternate warehouse facilities when needed.
- Organize and facilitate training on staff, business partners, counterparts in warehouse management practice.
- If necessary, implement and organize new warehouse facilities which may include installation and assembly of temporary warehouse structures (e.g. Wiik-Halls/Rub Halls)
- Be prepared to meeting urgent timelines to deliver to client locations collaborating with third party transporter.
- Assist in training of warehouse staff in warehouse management best practices.
- Support Inventory Manager with platform, including inventory count.
- Guide warehouse staff, build capacity of staff and ensures strong teamwork.
- Liaise with Inventory Manager and other staff to implement new initiatives, align with business practices and insure continuous improvement.
- Support in establishing close collaboration with government and partners on warehouse management issues, support in assessing partners and counterparts’ capacities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Ability to work strategically to realize organizational goals, develop strategies, set clear visions.
- Ability to persuade and influence, negotiate to obtain agreement, promote ideas.
- Ability to network and establish good relations with stakeholders
- Fast learner, adapts and respond to change, tolerate ambiguity
- Ability/Experience with using ERPs.
- IT proficiency
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in warehousing management,
- Strong understanding of supply chain and warehousing processes, from needs assessment, through planning, category management, procurement, logistics and delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong overall knowledge and understanding of public procurement principles, financial and legal aspects of supply chain issues, ethics and risk management of warehousing operations.
- Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training in Warehouse management, logistics, and business or training in appropriate disciplines, Certification in Warehousing/Logistic or equivalent certification is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in warehouse/logistic function, or an administrative function in an operational working environment.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to lead large teams
- Above par communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure context
- Solution oriented thinking
- 3-5 years working experience
- Valid Driving License
- Languages:Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Working conditions are normal for an office and field environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 22 October 2017
go to method of application »
- Provide administrative support, maintain records and generate reports with high level of integrity and discretion.
- Maintain the Managing Partner’s diary, book appointments and coordinate his meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Managing Partner.
- Exhibit strong problem-solving and research abilities and the flexibility to coordinate various functions.
- Utilize the IT skills and other electronic tools to prepare presentations.
- Research, compile and summarize information to respond to various inquiries from internal and external clients.
- Provide logistical support for the Managing Partner, corporate meetings and external events.
- Prepare the Managing Partner’s speech and drafting of both internal and external communications.
- Establishing and maintain proper record and archiving system for the Managing Partner’s office.
- Experience: 2 years successfully worked with a CEO of a medium or large size company.
- Education Level: Be a University graduate with a bias in Business Administration and/or Public Relations.
- Knowledge: Corporate Administrative and Office Management Systems.
- Ability: To work independently, and support the Managing Partner’s business operations.
- Communication: Excellent public relations, written and spoken commanding English and Kiswahili. Personality: Self Managing / Confident / Professional.
- Other critical requirements: Proficiency in IT, excellent communication and report writing skills, ability to work long hours and under pressure in meeting strict deadlines.
- Preffered age is between 25 to 35 years.
- Need to be flexible to work on phone even over the weekend.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 13 October 2017
go to method of application »
The Mawazo Institute is a non-profit research institute based in Nairobi, Kenya. In Kiswahili, “mawazo” means “ideas.”
Founded in the US in late 2016, Mawazo was registered in Kenya in mid-2017 and will launch operations in late 2017. We support the next generation of female thought leaders and scholars in Africa, and get policymakers and the public engaged with their work.
Our goal is to help female scholars become recognised as experts in their fields, and connect them with leaders in government and industry who could benefit from having access to timely, high quality research on the development issues facing Africa today.
Mawazo runs programmes which build research capacity for women in academia, and conduct outreach related to their work. The PhD Scholars and Research Fellows programmes support women who are pursuing research careers.
The Policy Lab and Public Engagement programmes put Mawazo’s research into action by connecting it to leaders in government and industry, civil society members, and members of the public. For 2018 –2019, Mawazo’s work will focus on the priority research areas of energy and climate change, with additional topics added in future years.
We are currently seeking a programme manager to support our core operations and assist with our strategic planning for the next several years.
The PM will join the current management team of the CEO and COO in managing Mawazo’s day-to-day operations; continually learning about how we can refine our model and meet our strategic goals; and building relationships with fundersand other institutional partnersto support our organisational growth.
The position offers the chance to build managerial and research skills in a dynamic environment focussed on women’s empowerment.
The programme manager’s responsibilities fall into three main areas. These tasks listed are representative, and other duties may also be assigned.
- Manage the recruitment process for the PhD Scholars fellowship
- Plan training programmes for the PhD Scholars, and identify partner organisations which can support their training needs.
- Provide writing and editing support for the PhD Scholars as they seek to publish their work
- Manage a database of grants for African academics,which we are building as a resource for the PhD Scholars
- Event planning for the Public Engagement and Policy Lab programmes, including public lectures and debates with the Mawazo Scholars and Fellows, and small group roundtables with key decisionmakers in government and industry
- Data collection for our qualitative, interview-based monitoring & evaluation strategy
- Manage 1 –2 interns on an occasional basis
- Write blog posts and manage our social media
- Support the CEO and COO in writing white papers which explore key areas of Mawazo’s mission, such as mapping the think tank ecosystem in Kenya, understanding women’s academic career paths, and generating case studies of successful thought leadership in the Kenyan context
- Develop a “think tank startup toolkit” which summarises Mawazo’s experience of launching a new think tank, and makes our lessons learned publicly available for other people interested in launching a new think tank in Africa
- Support the research projects carried out by the Mawazo Fellows on an as-needed basis, with the possibility to get more involved or co-author depending on interest
- Support the CEO and COO in identifying potential funders for Mawazo, and writing grant applications
- Support the CEO and COO in identifying potential board members, and inviting them to join our board
- Participate in strategic planning sessions to map out Mawazo’s growth trajectory for the next one-, two-, and five-year periods
- Update our strategic plan and concept notes as needed
- A bachelor’s degree in a social science or STEM field is required, with a master’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working in a substantively similar professional environment, such as a non-profit, consultancy, or think tank, including direct experience in project management and research roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with Swahili or other local language proficiency preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organisational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and to seek assistance with projects as required
- An interest in continual learning and professional growth
- Commitment to the Mawazo Institute’s mission and values
Terms of Offer
Compensation and benefits for the programme manager position include:
- Competitive salary
- 21 days of paid holiday
- 10 days of paid sick / family leave
- 3 months paid parental leave, in the event of the birth or adoption of a child by the employee or employee’s partner
- Health insurance
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 13 October 2017
Method of Application
Applicants should send a Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3084”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3084 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 13 October 2017 N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.