Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
We seek talented candidates for Regional Manager roles on an existing DFID-funded family planning (FP) programme in Kenya that works across Kenya and aims to significantly increase the amount of women and girls that use FP. This is a dynamic and ambitious programme that is implemented by a consortium of expert agencies.
A new component to the programme looks to mainstream adaptation efforts around climate change. The climate change activities will be integrated into the existing project interventions in the 22 rural counties where we have service delivery facilities.
These Regional Manager roles, will provide oversight and management of climate change field operations across a specific cluster of counties. They will be critical in ensuring that climate change activities are well coordinated with wider ESHE activities, and are carried out in line with the agreed work-plan. Frequent travel throughout a cluster of counties will be required.
These are full time positions based in Nairobi, Kakamega and Eldoret.
- Lead on implementation climate change adaptation initiatives with service providers in the region, in line with the approved activity plan and in coordination with the wider ESHE team;
- Project planning and management: determine inputs needed to accomplish activities; set regular project completion goals; oversee project logistics (travel planning, tool preparation; planning project work sections); health and safety; and interaction with stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Support the Climate Change Adaptation Project Manager to ensure relevant evidence from other projects, programmes and policies is integrated into activities and planning;
- Support procurement initiatives as required;
- Identify project challenges, pro-actively prescribe solutions and take independent action to correct items within the scope of approved plans;
- Ensure that activities on adaptation contain lesson-learning and evaluation components to support the development and dissemination of learning and best practice;
- Report on progress and accomplishments of projects during the project period;
- Perform any other duty as assigned.
Essential Education and Experience required:
- 5 years’ experience in climate change adaptation activities, including procurement and logistics experience in the climate change adaptation setting;
- Knowledge of family health issues in a given region is vital;
- Experience working in the private health sector is an advantage;
- At least five years’ experience of managing teams.
- Understanding of Project Management
- Self-directed, highly motivated, reliable, with a result and solution oriented perspective, organised with an attention to detail, flexible with strong time-management skills
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills applicable to a group outdoor setting
- Experience of leading diverse and complex teams is essential
- Excellent organizational, planning, and logistical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and delegate as necessary
- Ability to pro-actively solve problems, work independently, and be creative and resourceful
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills in English and local languages
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Knowledge of particular clusters of counties in the areas specified is essential
- Commitment to accountability and value for money;
- Strong personal qualities, including integrity and accountability, commitment to excellence, equality, openness, inclusiveness, and collegiality.
- Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium International career website on grminternational.force.com to apply