AMSCO (African Management Services Company) - Our client is a commercial bank providing banking services to corporate, SME and retail clientele. They have a wide network of over 30 branches countrywide. The Bank has also recently opened 2 Business Centers in Nairobi and Mombasa to cater for enterprise clients. All their branches are fully networked and operate in real time. This enables their customers to seamlessly and expediently transact business at any of their branches countrywide.
Project Management responsibilities include delivering of every project on time within budget and scope, running with Business initiatives, business program, products within the overall Bank Strategy.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility as detailed in the project charter.
- Ensure that all projects/business initiatives/programs are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure proper resource availability and allocation for all projects, program or Business initiative.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress for each and every project, Business initiative, program or products.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Prepare reports and presentations to Management, to provide project status and visibility for other, business initiatives, programs and highlight key milestones, achievements.
- Manage the relationship with Service providers and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties /vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and records.
- Assist the PMO in the overall Banks strategy implementation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of the Department.
Competencies and Experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience in general banking.
- Has a sound recall of processed and procedures and can apply previous experience to facilitate the resolution of problems identified.
- Ability to work accurately and dependably. Good planning, organisational skills and multi-tasking skills.
- The successful candidate has to have an intermediate understanding of risk dynamics and controls.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- An ability to consistently apply logic, i.e. considers all facts, options and outcomes prior to making a decision.
- Ability to interact with others at ease.
Intuitive, assertive, resilient and attentive to detail.
- Decisive with the ability to make sound and rational decisions.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to engage stakeholders
- Good listening skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- University degree preferably in the fields of Computer science or Business course
- Added Advantage - engineering for technical project Managers.
- A general knowledge of the bank’s operating systems, controls and general banking
The job holder will be responsible for assisting the finance team in analysing and compiling reports to assist in decision making.
- Compile MIS reports in agreed formats that will assist in decision making.
- Preparation of Business performance reports; Branch profitability reports, Manager’s profitability reports, Customer performance reports, Product performance reports, accounts performance reports, trend analysis, cost of funds and product of funds reports and other reports as may be required by business units.
- Analysis of group campaign reports to assist in tracking performance.
- Analysis of dormant & inactive accounts to ensure controls in place are adhered to
- Support branches and other departments with relevant data for decision making.
- In liaison with I.T carry out automation of financial reports as may be required from time to time.
Competencies and Experience:
- Accurate and timely generation of reports
- Maintaining good working relationships with front and support departments
- An excellent communicator, enquirer and feedback collector
- Good knowledge in data analysis
- A good team player
- A fast learner
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- At least 2 years’ experience within the banking environment
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.