GardaWorld provides business solutions and security services and is the largest privately-owned security company in the world. GardaWorld International Protective Services work in complex, high threat and emerging markets, providing risk mitigation services when and where they are needed most. Our internationally trained security and risk professionals deliver flexible, discreet, avoidance-based security and protective services to secure people, assets and reputation, and give you the confidence to grow your business.
Reports to: GardaWorld IPS Managing Director, East Africa and the Marketing Manager, Dubai
Direct Reports: Regional Analyst
Place Of Work/travel
KK Security Headquarters, School Lane, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya, with occasional travel throughout the region where the business has its operations.
International travel may be required on an ad hoc basis to our management offices in UAE, UK, Brussels and Washington.
Contact And Cooperation
Internally: Region-wide with a focus on the KK business.
Externally: Government, clients, vendors, security partners and service providers.
The Digitial Marketing and Communications Specialist will be responsible for supporting and executing a broad range of marketing and communication projects, specifically digital marketing, working hand-in-hand with the Marketing teams in Montreal and Dubai. This will be achieved by developing communication strategies that support the global GardaWorld digital platform through corporate communications, public affairs / relations, press office and e-marketing. Another key responsibility will be to maintain the brand and where it is refreshed or replaced, work with the Montreal and Dubai teams to project manage and roll it out. Further the position will manage the Regional Analyst role on a day to day basis. Additionally, this role will provide executive administrative support to the MD, East Africa by managing agendas, e-mails and incoming and outgoing calls. This position will be a trusted member of the team; therefore discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes for fulfilling this function successfully.
The incumbent may be requested to attend conferences and events, as well as meetings with current and potential clients. Often this position will be the first point of contact for individuals from both inside and outside the organization. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Marketing and Communications
- Contribute to the internal communications editorial calendar and develop content for the intranet, blog and social media accounts;
- Ensure quality control for all brand/marketing related projects including consistency and promotion of the KK Security/GardaWorld brand as well as its values;
- Support rebrand, integration and change initiatives with creative communications;
- Develop/maintain social media profiles and quality content on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Support and develop leadership communications, including internal quarterly newsletters, good news bulletins;
- Support, communicate and report on CSR activities for the region;
- Develop and manage an internal communications Champions network;
- Ensure that key developments and successes are communicated effectively;
- Organize and coordinate key VIP events when required such as business breakfasts and targeted conferences;
- Collaborate with the Employer Brand and Communications Montreal team to coordinate and adapt key corporate campaigns and initiatives;
- Manage PR and press relationships;
- Monitor internal compliance with all media and communications policies and procedures;
- Support the region with all their digital and physical marketing materials;
- Manage inbound marketing system, including campaign development and data analysis;
- Responsible for managing the Group marketing and communications budget to include monitoring of the Group’s involvement in all CSR initiatives;
- Lead in any online sales initiatives and to support any physical sales pitches to include attending and presenting in meetings / events;
- Responsible for leading and coordinating any market research initiatives.
- Dealing with all incoming correspondence and communications on behalf the MD East Africa;
- Taking minutes of meetings of board meetings and management meetings;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings in a timely manner;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings;
- Assisting the Executive team with general decision making and delegation processes, to ensure work is covered in their absence;
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the Group Executive Team (MD, FD & MD Transformational Office) ;
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, directly managing a response where appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations and/or speeches for employees and clients;
- Developing and maintaining a historical knowledge base in both soft and hard copy form;
- Following up on all MD East Africa’s action items to ensure that all senior managers meet their agreed upon deliverables and timelines;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
As directed and delegated by the MD East Africa.
The Digitial Marketing and Communications Specialist is accountable to the MD East Africa for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance reviews and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
- Team player and high degree of motivation and loyalty;
- Flexible in working hours and problem solving attitude;
- Fluent in English; oral and written;
- Understanding of Socio-Economic factors and marketing trends within the East Africa region;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Visio and IT;
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, Word Press, Email Campaign systems, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram;
- Ability to work with remote Marketing & Communication team members and colleagues;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Self-starter, willing to work independently yet take direction openly;
- High level of integrity, ethics and values with an exemplary work ethic.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing (ideally in digital), Communications or similar;
- 3 plus years professional experience in an administrative role with a focus on supporting executives and/or working with internal communications;
- 1 year of professional internet marketing experience desirable;
- Experience working with a multinational organisation;
- Familiarity with pay-per-click marketing and other marketing channels;
- Early adopter of emerging technology;
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM software;
- Digital proficiency with sales lead generation experience
Reports to: GardaWorld IPS Managing Director, East Africa
Direct Reports: Head of Business Units, Technical Director, CST Manager, Sales Manager, Finance Manager-Kenya, HR Manager, Head of Administration.
Place of work/Travel:
Nairobi, Kenya. International travel may be required to GardaWorld’s areas of operations globally and to our management offices in UAE, UK, Brussels and Washington.
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Company- and Group wide
Externally: Kenyan Government, clients, vendors, security partners and service providers.
The Managing Director – Kenya is responsible for the performance of the company, providing leadership and managing the company’s strategic objectives and goals as approved by the board. The incumbent will be responsible for GardaWorld’s Kenyan business and provide leadership to the sales efforts across GWIPS and senior level guidance and stakeholder management.
- Provide leadership and management of the Kenyan business in the development of strategic objectives and goals in accordance with the agreed parameters
- Develop forecasts, budgets and control the spending on OPEX and CAPEX. Provide leadership to the management team by supporting the execution and achievement of the company’s approved budgets in line with strategic objectives and including the agreed key performance indicators for the company (including premium targets, loss and expense ratios);
- Responsibility for financial performance (full P & L) and top line growth of the Kenya business unit, effectively ensure costs are controlled, the business maximises revenue generation and contribution to the Group’s operating profit;
- Overall responsibility for customer relationship management by development and management of client relationships with a focus on sales and organic growth;
- Ownership of specific strategic client relationships, strategic sales development and management of sales deliverables from the sales team including management of all sales staff;
- Responsibility for the development of the Company’s sales strategy and ensuring it links to the wider KK Security and GW IPS strategy;
- Work to maintain all current business to include meeting and exceeding budget for retention;
- As a collaborative member of the leadership team, challenge perceived wisdom, attract and retain talent, engage with the strategic stakeholders, promote the Company’s values, standards and provide guidance and direction to the Managing Director East Africa on all operational issues;
- Overall responsibility for operational delivery of the Kenya business unit ensuring all activities adhere to the Business Risk, Resilience and Continuity Management Processes (in line with ISO 18788 (to be achieved by Q1 2018));
- Responsible for ensuring that the Quality Policy and Business Management System is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Kenya business unit;
- Promote the corporate brand and identity, and act as the link between the Kenya management team and Group Management Team members.
- Responsible for the relationships with key Government stakeholders and public sector specific bodies and competitors.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage direct reports to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
Principal Outputs of this Role:
- Achieve business plans within the set budgets and resources;
- Positive financial performance of the business
- Effective implementation of customers relations and retention strategies
- KK brand equity within the country
- Country operations efficiency and cost reduction in accordance to the set parameter;
- Technical and operational excellence by managing quality, cost effective, time driven projects delivery;
- High performance teams across all functions
Refer to KK Security Authority Matrix.
The Managing Director Kenya is accountable to the GW IPS Managing Director East Africa for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through real time performance feedback as well as the performance reviews and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
- Strong leadership skills with hands-on capability and management style;
- A visionary leader, energetic with ability to transform, inspire and motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes;
- Strategic and logical thinker, ability to see the big picture and formulate strategies for the company and contribute to achievement of the company’s overall objectives;
- Demonstrate ability to build cohesive teams and provide others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
- An analytical and passionate transformative and visionary leader capable of providing mentorship and guidance on developing the capabilities and competencies of the Management Team.
- Enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Influential with an ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Commitment to results, customer focused and goal driven;
- Ability to grow, support and develop talent; and
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a business related field or equivalent. An MBA is desirable;
- Minimum of 15 years’ leadership, management and delivery experience within the commercial security industry in East Africa;
- Experience working with a multinational organisation;
- Experience with and management of compliance with ISO processes;
- Demonstrated knowledge and management of legal processes and requirements within complex operating environments;
- Computer proficiency
KK Security Limited (a GardaWorld Company)/ direct reporting line to Finance Director, East Africa Finance with dotted reporting line to MD Kenya.
Place of work/Travel:
Nairobi, Kenya with some travel to where the company has operations and to head office in Dubai, UAE. GardaWorld also have office locations in Washington DC, Belgium, UK, Montreal and Florida that may need occasional visits.
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Company-wide with a focus on Kenya business. Main cooperation with the Finance, Operations, HR and Legal departments
Externally: Local and International : banks, suppliers, clients, auditors
The Finance Director, Kenya will provide leadership and coordination of financial and fiscal planning, treasury, and budget management functions for the Kenyan business and ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Reporting to the Finance Director, East Africa the incumbent is responsible for maintaining consistent accounting standards through the following responsibilities for the Kenya business unit:
- Ensure compliance with all financial statutory reporting requirements;
- Effectively lead the Kenya finance team in a pro-active manner, ensuring daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are finalized according to parent company instructions and deadlines;
- Implementing and maintaining the CoA as well as P&L and Balance Sheet formats;
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget and forecast, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information;
- Preparation, analysis and reconciliation of monthly books of accounts and GL, including audit file, as well as confirming intercompany balances and recharge allocations;
- Manage bank accounts (opening / closing, new deposits, transfers etc.) and analyse weekly cash flow reports;
- Prepare consolidated monthly and ad hoc reports for the Kenya business, to be sent to the Finance Director, East Africa;
- Manage the preparation and reporting of annual and quarterly budgets as well as monthly reforecasting;
- Management of Accounts Receivables, implementing effective credit control and collection measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised
- Review and evaluate financial policies and procedures and implement enhancements to maximise control;
- Liaise directly with the auditors and prepare information as requested from Parent Company auditors as and when required, also liaise with the Legal department as and when necessary;
- Work closely with the Finance Director, East Africa and assist with any ad hoc duties as required.
- Responsible for payroll.
As delegated and directed by Finance Director, East Africa
The Finance Director, Kenya is accountable to the Finance Director, East Africa for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
- Demonstrates detailed financial awareness at senior leadership level, including Africa experience.
- Assist the senior leadership team to produce workable solution to financial issues;
- Provides others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
- Writes and speaks clearly, succinctly and correctly.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including understanding of pivot tables, macro’s, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of other MS Office systems.
- Excellent command of English is essential.
- Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit and loss and added value.
- Manages time effectively.
- Works in an ethical manner, is systematic, methodical and orderly.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes.
- Ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification is essential
- Educational background in Finance, Accounting, or any related field.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in similar role.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.