Furaha Community Foundation was started in August 2004. Our aim is to nature dreams and hope of the OVC’s as a result of HIV/AIDS, natural death hence left with guardians who are sometimes relatives or good Samaritans and Empower their Guardians through capital to start businesses and eventually take care of their kids.
Our High School is located in Machakos County along kangundo,Tala Road,3km from Komashrine Stage. Furaha Community Centre high school believes in positively transforming lives, leading our society to a victorious destiny
We seek someone with the vision, expertise and experience that will lead the school, build on its outstanding quality and reputation, and continue to develop its leadership and national standing.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the chief executive the incumbent will serve as the team leader of the school and implement the educational objectives of the institution so as to yield the highest standards of student achievement and academic excellence.
The incumbent will also provide effective instructional leadership and build constructive relationships with parents and other education stakeholders.
- Maintain an appropriate education philosophy through professional leadership, counselling and motivational expertise which secures the institutions success so as to attain the ultimate education goals and objectives of the organization.
- Responsible for all areas of curriculum and instruction by shaping a vision of academic success for each learner.
- Assess and identify capacity gaps in teaching and support staff and organize for training and development opportunities.
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of reports, records, lists, and other paperwork appropriate for the effective administration of the school.
- Provide leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school based events and external activities including school trips, competitions among others.
- Maintain high standards of student behavior and apply appropriate behavior modification interventions when required.
- Build a strong and cohesive culture supported by effective, consistent systems and structures.
- Grow the leadership engine through coaching and providing the middle management team with greater leadership responsibilities.
- Set targets and goals for school staff through a participative process and develop strategies that will enable them to achieve these objectives.
- Continually evaluating existing progress and practices, and curriculum content to ensure they are met satisfactorily.
- Participate in the recruitment and evaluation of the school’s academic staff in liaison with the HR Department.
- Build effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders through effective communication to allow for appropriate and timely sharing of information.
- Must posses a bachelor degree and or diploma in Education related degree.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years demostratable management experience.
- Proven leadership ability in school administration, curriculum interpretation, staff development, classroom instruction ,lesson plans and student assessment.
- Excellent IT, interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents teachers and learners.
- Female candidate are encouraged to apply.
go to method of application »
Ensure adherence to set school teaching and curriculum completions well as observe highest level of operating standards and ensure the school benchmarks against the best in region schools.
- Ensure compliance to and implementation of recommendations from the Ministry of Education;
- Manages and ensures the teachers meet their set performance target;
- Conducts objective quarterly performance appraisals for all direct reports and guided by the school’s performance policy;
- Attends to parents and school guests and attends to all the queries or concerns they might have to the extent of his/her role.
- Tasked with ensuring proper discipline is enforced in pre-school and ensuring it is being carried our as per school policy
- Manage and ensure proper delivery of duties by the support staff.
- Demonstrate a high level of quality interaction with children and the programmes demonstrate a genuine understanding of children as competent and confident learners.
- Work and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and caregivers and their children. Demonstrate a range of appropriate communication skills to develop a professional working relationship with teachers, parents and caregivers and children.
- Steps in for the administrator in case of absence
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical mental and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music and storytelling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good command of English
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Excellent computer skills
- Leadership skills
- Diploma in Education or P1
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Primary level.
- Proven track record in co-curricular activities
- Degree in Education will be an added advantage
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellence in communication and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Please attach application letter of application,copies of your professional academic certificates and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org State your current and expected salary in your letter.