Fraym is a venture-backed geospatial data analytics company focused exclusively on the African continent. Our platform is the only source of hyper-local, population-centered data on Africa. Until now, decision-makers had to rely on anecdotes, “gut feel,” or expensive primary surveys to make critical decisions. Fraym offers a better way. We work with investors, companies, foundations, agencies, and financial institutions.
Fraym is looking for a dynamic leader to anchor our growing business in East Africa. The country manager is expected to manage sales, operations, and business results for Fraym in Kenya. The manager will solidify, elevate and nurture relationships with key clients. Specifically, s/he will identify leads, build the pipeline, close deals, and support projects. The manager will often serve as a liaison between the data team and local clients. S/he will be expected to serve as an effective “face” for Fraym in East Africa.
To begin, the Country Manager will work with Fraym’s management team to further refine our strategy for Kenya and other countries in the region, prioritizing key clients and sectors. Over time, s/he will identify and communicate market needs and lessons learned to headquarters, and will work with the data team to build tailored products and services for clients in Kenya and across East Africa.
- Build and manage the sales funnel in Kenya and in the region. The primary responsibility is to find and close new sales prospects.
- Establish and nurture professional relationships with partners, clients, and prospects. Be able to manage executive-level interactions.
- Take care of local customers and secure repeat business.
- Take on local contracting, admin, and finance tasks when needed.
- On occasion, conduct in-person research for specific client projects.
- Advise the rest of the team on how to address local market needs. Research and observe competition and industry trends. Be ready to test and help improve new products.
- Participate remotely in Fraym’s strategy and business development discussions.
- Be ready to travel across Kenya and to other parts of East Africa for business development, client meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, etc. Also, be ready to travel periodically to the U.S. for internal meetings and training.
- Fraym is a fast-growing startup; should be ready and willing to pitch in on anything else that comes up.
Does this sound like you?
- Have a history of making sales—especially related to data or technology.
- Have a track record of taking ownership and initiative in previous work.
- Can demonstrated the ability to work independently, effectively use time, and manage remote working relationships.
Have strong people skills; ability to manage and grow relationships. Tangible experience managing a project or client relationship is a big plus.
Have working experience in a relevant sector—e.g. data, technology, consulting, consumer goods, financial services.
- Have excellent written English.
Strong verbal communicator; presentation skills a big plus.
Resourceful and have the ability to problem-solve.
- Have an existing network in the East African business community.
- Have excellent academic credentials with a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Able to live and work in Kenya.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fraym career website on www.linkedin.com to apply