If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Emergency Roster is a database of pre-selected deployable internal and external candidates who have the appropriate skills and experience to support emergency preparedness and response. It also stores information on these candidates. The purpose of the roster is to ensure that we have the right people in the right place and the right time with the right skills.
Roster Members are expected to deploy to an emergency response within 72 hours or once an entry visa is received. A Roster Member is selected from the Emergency Roster as and when a roster request is received from one of our country offices.
- The HR Specialist will be deployed, often at short notice, to support a CO respond to a particular emergency. The HR Specialist will manage all aspects of the response with reagrds to leading on human resources, ensuring appropriate procedures are in place, adhered to and flagging any concerns to the ERM and CD.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Ability to analyse the local labour law and its practical application in the workplace.
- Knowledge and experience of working with an international or local non-government organisation
- Good knowledge of SPHERE and the CHS
- Excellent technical knowledge of good people management and development practices.
- Excellent knowledge of current good practice
- Basic financial acumen and the ability to align HR and Finance / Ops procedures .
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Plan HR policies and procedures, both local and global or the ability to demonstrate these can be learned
- Knowledge and understanding of HR issues related to Gender and Child Protection.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to provide effective HR support in the event of a disaster
Skills & Behaviours
- Proven skills in leading and managing a HR function at a senior level, including the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, reward, employee relations etc).
- Development of workable HR policies and systems that support the achievement of Plan’s goals, help manage risk and are fully compliant with Plan policy and procedure and local labour law.
- Ability to negotiate, advocate and influence effectively at all levels of the Country Office and outside of line management relationships.
- Ability to remain objective and make tough decisions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- May be required to work during late hours, weekends and holidays in order to ensure timely delivery of programmes
- Language skills desirable (English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic)
- Leadership and team management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks quickly at every level within the Country Office and outside.
- Ability to plan and organise work effectively and deal with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to handle sensitive people issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Listening, coaching and counseling skills.
- Ability to lead and mange change effectively.
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Plan International career website on career5.successfactors.eu to apply