The Serena selection of Resorts, Safari Lodges and Hotels spans some of the most evocative, exotic and enchanting destinations in the world. The Serena Group comprises a collection of 32 Resorts, Safari Lodges and Hotels, which are located in East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and Mozambique) and Southern Asia (Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan).
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the development, planning and execution of the Company’s marketing and communication strategies that build consumer awareness and ultimately drive loyalty of the Serena Hotels Africa brand.
- At least 8 years of progressively more responsible positions in marketing,
- Previous experience in hospitality sector preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or equivalent.
- Required Skills, Knowledge and characteristics
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a team of diverse, creative team members and partners.
- Demonstrate ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution.
- Expert in internet and social media strategy, with a demonstrated track record.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers, and customer – focused product development and outreach.
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change.
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in marketing including PR, written communication, website and content development, market research, software products and creative services.
- Experience in managing external PR, digital marketing and other consulting firms
- Ability to create marketing concepts and brand positioning.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Development, implementation and management of the overall Marketing, Advertising and PR strategy and managing the strategy execution plans.
- Preparation and Management of the marketing budget.
- Efficient and effective management of the Marketing Department to ensure the set objectives are met.
- Conducting the necessary research and evaluation processes for new product opportunities, demand for potential products, customer needs and insights.
- Submission of requisite monthly, quarterly reports for Marketing, Advertising and PR activities, including the ROI on initiatives, to the Regional Sales and Marketing Director
- Manage marketing partnerships with business partners and vendors.
- Regular monitoring of the market place – business trends, indicators, carrying out the relevant business analysis to provide guidance for Sales and Marketing activities and measurement of effectiveness of the marketing strategies.
- Working with other stakeholders within the department and the regional Sales and Marketing offices and the Company’s Overseas Marketing Representatives to achieve the Marketing objectives.
- Forging long – term marketing partnerships with business partners and vendors.
- Managing the marketing budget
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Serena Hotels career website on www.linkedin.com to apply