Job Vacancy at Maersk Group
Posted on: 11 January, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world.
Maersk Line are looking to hire a conscientious Intermodal Associate in Nairobi who will be responsible for ensuring that all store door import/export requirements are maintained in order to guarantee the timely departure of import/export cargo as per service delivery requirements.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques. You will have a chance to focus on creating valuable relationships with our current and new customers.
- Reports daily store door movements, service failure issues and other challenges to supervisor
- Improves Inland Operations’ processes
- Coordinates with rail, line and terminal operations to ensure movement of containers as planned
- Maintains data integrity through accurate inputs/updates to all related systems
- Implements methods and measures to drive intermodal, positioning and storage costs down
- The main responsibility of the position is to ensure a smooth operation / service delivery of each Through Bill of Lading
- Follow local intermodal procedures which are in line with global SOP.
- Use designated MLB system as the daily intermodal dispatch tool.
- Keep close track on the service providers and ensure they perform ing in accordance with the signed contracts and SOPs.
- Report non-conformance of vendor’s service and data quality.
- Submit manifests to vendors on time to facilitate documentation and railing / trucking of containers.
- Ensure operational efficiencies are brought to the attention of the General Manager and incorporated.
- Ensure that customer service is of the highest standard
- Coordinate Triple C shipments to ensure OTD of all cargo as per requirement
- Optimize intermodal resource and cost allocation process according to global intermodal SOP, in order to ensure the best service at the best possible price to ensure the maximum value for money is received.
- Reach the best optimized operation for maximum cost saving.
- Close to local market to be aware of competitors’ intermodal strategy and price.
- Liaise with cost control and CS to ensure all costs are correctly captured and recovered from Customer
- Identify and report potential risks and issues while implementing global intermodal SOP and METS+.
- Optimize local intermodal procedures to be in line with global intermodal SOP
- Maintain daily operation communication with internal and external customers, including order validation and acceptance.
- Meet customer’s satisfaction per customer service’s instruction
- Set up SOP between internal and external parties for trucking, railing / trucking arrangements, work order dispatch and other matters which need to be coordinated. Ensure these SOPs are strictly followed
- Ensure all queries related to Intermodal from internal and external parties are attended quickly and properly.
- Respond to all enquiries via email, letter or telephone in a timely manner no later than 24 hours after receipt.
- Be punctual to work and all business appointments.
- Ensure that the Maersk Line vision and core values guide you.
- Make suggestions for improvements in all matters within your area of responsibility
- Actively take part in the process of understanding the interaction and cooperation between all sections and departments, and personally use this knowledge to contribute to smooth daily tasks
- Daily work order dispatch statistics.
- Timely report system error or other problems and take record.
We are looking for
- 3-5 years of experience within International Shipping, transportation
- Planning or Logistics management,
- Customer Service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Commercial mindset
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Swahili
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Maersk Line career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maersk LineSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at Bollore Logistics
- Chief Accountant at Alpha Logistics Services (EPZ) Ltd
- Trading Manager at BMMI