If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
To ensure adequate and efficient supply of electrical power to support factory and administrative operations within the bounds of Unilever Specific Standards on Electrical Safety
- To ensure peak performance of all factory electrical equipment by the judicious execution of a maintenance schedule and to make suggestions for upgrade/replacement as required.
- To ensure that all locations, tasks and equipment conform to the Electrical Safety Standards
- To plan and execute electrical projects for the factory’s expansion schemes within time and budget estimates
- Influence Original Equipment Manufacturers to deliver equipment within the specific Unilever Scope of equipment design.
- Support Factory Engineers in the maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Anticipate electrical capacity requirements for future expansions to make a business case for capital investment.
- Initiates plans to replace equipment whose status that have implication on electrical safety and energy efficiency.
- Rationalization/Redistribution of factory loads with due cognizance for business priority areas and optimum capacity utilization of equipment
- Coordinates a team of technicians in the execution of routine/specialized maintenance tasks for all electrical equipment.
- Ensures electrically related contracts are carried out to specific scope and within electrical safety standards.
- Periodic appraisal of technicians
- Identifies skill gaps of team and follow recommendations to close
- Minimum BSc (Hons) Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in electronics maintenance and should have utilities electrical maintenance knowledge
- Must have knowledge of PLC technology; siemens, bheckof, omron
- Ability to manage team performance
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Unilever career website on unilever.taleo.net to apply