If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
PATH is an international organization that drives trans-formative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the “90-90-90” targets. Embedded in the HSDSA project is the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) initiative targeting adolescent girls and young women aged 10-24 in Kisumu, Homa Bay and Migori counties. DREAMS provides comprehensive prevention services to help reduce HIV incidence amongst vulnerable AGYW.
We seeks to recruit a Finance Associate who will be responsible for day to day processing of transactions in compliance with USAID rules / PATH’s internal Policies and ensure timely financial processing and reporting of field activity costs for the office assigned, while maintaining high standards of stewardship and accountability. The Finance Associate will be based in Kisumu.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Manage petty cash disbursements as assigned.
- Assist in Inventory and commodity tracking Management.
- Perform monthly and ad hoc monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain updated records of all the field office financial transactions.
- Reconcile all supplies statements to PATH’s records and update the Finance Officer of any discrepancies.
- Make copies of all finance documents and file in sequence. Prepare the original complete set of monthly FOFR.
- Assist in tracking expenses and accuracy for services rendered on account and ensure they are within agreed limits.
- Work closely with program staff during trainings and meetings to make payments and check accuracy of details given.
- Check the accuracy of the receipts and vouchers presented to back-up expenses for completeness of the support documents.
- Check validity of expenses and receipts presented for payment with respect to reasonability, allowability and allocability basis.
- Prepare and ensure proper coding on all vouchers prepared by staff for validity and advise necessary adjustments to originator.
- Ensure that all invoices received from vendors are processed in an orderly manner and duly supported by proper documentation.
- Liaise with the Finance Officer to ensure that expenses recurring in nature are processed and paid in time e.g. telephone, internet, rent and security.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and a minimum CPA II qualification or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant progressive experience preferable in a busy NGO set up.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High numeracy, sound technical skills and analytical approach to work.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in Ms Office applications especially word and excel.
- Hands on experience on QuickBooks.
- You must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
This position coordinates with engineering to ensure that technology solutions are well designed for the country offices, that the user-technology experience in country is positive, and that the configurations of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions in country meet PATH standards. This position directly manages a regionally dispersed team of three Regional Systems Administrators (RSAs) and a variable number of program and country IT contractors and staff in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
As a member of the IT Leadership Team, the International IT Operations Manager will work with the global team based in Seattle to ensure that the IT needs of staff in each country office is met. The team will work to further improve and apply the IT and local area network (LAN) standards applied in each country office and manage the global wide-area network (WAN) for best performance.
PATH maintains IT-enabled offices in approximately 40 locations worldwide. PATH's Information Technology (IT) department oversees all technology-related services for the organization globally. The department is responsible for all software application services, network infrastructure, computer support, IT vendor management, and program and project management for PATH’s IT initiatives.
- Assure high quality delivery and operation of all end-to-end IT services, necessary to run the operations and support users according to system and network standards, and within established service levels in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Coordinate closely with Network and Systems Engineering to ensure global system and network standards are applied consistently and uniformly, and that network utilization is in compliance with PATH policies.
- Using PATH policies and standards, ensure the logical and physical security of infrastructure systems in PATH’s field offices.
- Maintain effective dialogue with PATH’s International Operations team and local project leaders and staff regarding upcoming projects, technical and team performance, and resolution of localized technology issues taken on by the team.
- Manage and grow a team of RSAs with a focus on career development and learning.
- Day to day management and technical guidance of RSAs in Dakar, Johannesburg, and Hanoi. Provide oversight and technical guidance for project IT staff in PATH country offices.
- Coordinate with IT leadership on design of next-generation PATH country office infrastructure architecture, based on available, emerging, and supportable technologies (public and private) in these regions.
- Coordinate with IT Leadership to ensure appropriate content and level of communication for IT activities, releases, and issues in PATH’s country offices.
- Coordinate with the Service Desk Manager to ensure adequate regional support for tier 1 incident and problem management.
- Coordinate with Software Development and Portfolio Management to provide input for the simplification of business technology landscape in PATH’s country offices.
- Participate in policy and procedure creation, development of training materials, and conduct training on IT topics in country offices.
- Oversee vendor management with regional internet service provider (ISPs) and other IT vendors to ensure delivery standards and cost controls as well as advise the RSA team in administration of local vendors.
- Review and advise the RSA and HQ technology team on governmental regulations and policies in each country of operation as it impacts technology infrastructure and PATH operations in these regions.
- Ensure team expenditures are within budgeted limits. Provide oversight for small-dollar expenses in country.
- Manage the deployment of IT systems to new country offices, and relocation when they move, according to PATH standards.
- Project manage the roll out of new IT initiatives to country offices.
- Monitor and regularly report on use of WAN and internet connections, and apply change control to WAN configuration.
- Proven ability to guide and train non-technical individuals with regard to technical concepts.
- Ability to participate in real time meetings or technical discussions with PATH staff in the United States.
- Proven ability to work with team members from other cultures, exhibiting cultural sensitivity and awareness, and able to communicate across sociological and cultural boundaries.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% through onboarding of year 1 and down to 10-15% beyond year 1.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience supporting IT use in a global organization.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Information Systems, computer science, software engineering or similar.
- Experience in the design, roll out and support of network topologies.
- Exceptional relationship building skills, ability to work and gain trust at all levels of an organization with a focus on excellent communications and follow up.
- Experience supporting cloud and remote based services such as Office 365, ERP, Salesforce, Azure, and AWS.
- Proven experience project managing IT projects, including the management of IT logistics.
- Proven experience implementing and running IT service management functions and ITIL based service management and change control.
- Proven customer interface skills, excellent written and spoken conversation and ability to communicate at a level appropriate for the audience along with strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience negotiating and managing relationships with ISPs and software/application providers.
- Experience managing Cisco Meraki MX, MS and MR devices across multiple sites.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2008+ RODCs, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Firewall and Traffic Shaping configuration and WAN monitoring and trending.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.