Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value added services and support for community projects. With over 20 Million subscribers and an estimated market share of 67%, the Company has the widest modern mobile network coverage in Kenya and prides in its experienced shareholders, attractive tariffs, a nationwide network of effective dealers, high caliber staff and management enabling it to maintain its position as the region’s mobile market leader.
Department Description: Technology Enterprise Services
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring quality and timely delivery of customer solutions through integration of all network components and applications/services involved.
- Integrating various solutions components in line with the solution design.
- Ensuring that deployed solution meet and exceed set quality benchmarks.
- Participate in project management and communication at all stages of deployment.
- Thorough documentation of deployed solutions
- Smooth handover to support to ensure seamless acceptance into in-life.
- Continuously work with other teams to streamline internal process to improve service delivery
- Capture and add accurate customer details in all support systems (NMS, CRM etc)
- Provide customer solution documentation depicting current situation before deployment and after deployment
- Maintain relevant accreditation and certification
- Continuous research and training to improve speed, effectiveness and quality of deployment
- Training in deployment of all new services and solutions
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering related discipline
- Accreditation in network or data center services (Minimum CCNP Proficiency Level)
- 2-3 years experience in planning, deployment and operation of an enterprise or service provider network
- Sound IP routing and switching skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Software development and integration skills
- Sound product knowledge of the business’ existing product portfolio.
- Participation in service improvement initiatives.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Revenue Assurance Department within the Risk Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer – NetworkAssurance, the position holder will provide assurance to the businesson network quality of traffic on all network sites (2G/3G/4G/LTE)and evaluateimpact on revenues and customer experience.
- To monitor and report on Network KPI’s (Availability,Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility)
- To Investigate and analyze, and translate intopotential revenues loss on network anomalies noted.
- To carry out Drive tests to ensure customerKPI’s and ensure that regulators KPIsare met
- To perform monthly and on demand quality assurance and investigative product tests to assure functionality, quality and billing.
- To carry out Call drop analysis, revenueimpact quantification and escalation to relevant team for resolution
- To monitor Network Traffic statistics in linewith voice and data campaigns to assure service availability, capacityreadiness and revenue effect.
- To analyze anomalies noted on Network KPI’s toidentify possible root cause and escalate to relevant team and follow up untilresolution on all quality of service issues noted.
- To Attend to CAB meetings and update the relevant teams in Revenue assurance to ensure monitoring during change
- To perform Weekly Network capacity andutilization monitoring and reporting.
- To Track interconnect links capacity and utilization to ensure they operate within set thresholds.
- To ensure new technologies integration and products are performing as per perceived plans and analysis on revenue streams.
- To Maintain updated Network topology across all technologies (Mobile Data, Voice, SMS, Wimax, etc) and ensure risk management team is updated on any changes i.e either additions or decommissioning.
- A graduate with a degree in Engineering or IT.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in Telecommunications field, experience in access network is an added advantage
- Knowledge in 2G/3G/4G/Wimax and the related service in each of the Technology offers
- Ability to analyze significant amounts of data and information and be able to monitor and explain trends and variances
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.