The Academic Model Providing Access to Health Care (AMPATH) is a program under the auspices of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital (MTRH) and Moi University College of Health Sciences whose aim is to provide sustainable efforts in access to health care. AMPATHPlus supports the Ministry of Health in eight (8) Counties of Western Kenya Region, with a catchment population of an estimated 3.5 million people.
Applications are invited for the following vacant position in the AMPATH Program:
GRADE : RS. 10
STATION: AMPATH CENTRE (RSPO MAIN)
Reporting to: Human Resources Manager, AMPATH
The Senior Payroll Officer will be responsible for all matters of recruitment process and ensure competencies are profiled for future consideration
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining payroll information by calculation and entering of data,
- Updates of payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers,
- Processing of payment for employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts,
- Preparation of reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages,
- Balancing of payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies,
- Provision of payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Compilation of statutory and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions,
- Adherence of employee confidentiality and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential,
- Creation of employee salary cards and preparation of pay change advice
- Computation of staff gratuity
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary by your supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- Must have Degree in Human Resource Management or related field;
- ICT or IT qualification will be an added advantage
- Have at least five (5) year’s work experience in Payroll administration
- Prior experience in Government of Kenya rules/regulations and working with donor funded organizations will be an added advantage;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, ERP or HRIS software applications.
- Have shown competence and ability in organizing, performing and discharging duties and responsibilities;
- Be able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines
go to method of application »
GRADE : RS. 12
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Officer will assist the Supply Chain Manager to deliver on the objectives of the function Core duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of tender documents and participate in the whole Procurement Process
- Maintain the tendered quotation register and oversee stores Management
- Manage, together with the legal expert in the AMPATH program supervision of contract preparation as well as tender documents within the legal and policy framework
tracts and tender documents within the legal and policy framework
- Review and comment on chosen procurement method, contracts, annexes and tender documents
- Ensure implementation of procurement policies and procedures by Contracting Authorities/line ministries in tendering for Projects
- Review comparison of received Procurement bids to determine Value for Money and decide on maximum level of acceptable bids
- Supervise the issuance of standard prequalification and tender documents
- Ensure that the tendering and selection is implemented in a fair, equitable and transparent manner and in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and regulations.
- Carry out any other assigned duties related to procurement as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management (Supply and Procurement Option)
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Government procurement guidelines and other donor requirements eg USAID, NIH, CDC
- Must be a member of a professional body KISM , CIPS or its equivalent
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to work in fastâ€ paced environment and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
go to method of application »
AMPATH is seeking to employ suitable persons to work at the Research and Sponsored Projects Office (RSPO) to further strengthen the ability of RSPO to handle all administrative and finance activities in the Grants Management Department: -
GRADE – RS. 10
STATION: RSPO MAIN
Role:-Under the general supervision of the Grants, Contracts and Compliance Manager or his or her designee, the successful candidate will:
- Identify, research, and pursue public, private, and corporate grand funding opportunities for sponsored projects and related activities.
- Communicate appropriate information on grant opportunities, funded projects, and the grants approval process to the AMPATH community;
- Assist faculty and staff members in developing award winning proposals; develop new proposals and reapplications for competitive and non-competing grants on the local, state and federal levels;
- Assist in making recommendations regarding grant opportunities; review project line item budgets with the Senior Grants Accountant Coordinate electronic grant submission process and; assist AMPATH and staff in all pre-award functions of grants development.
- Facilitate development of partnership proposals with other institutions of education, community- based organizations, regional coalitions, and/or other entities.
- Coordinate faculty and staff grant development teams; coordinate inter-divisional/college/ department grant development teams.
- Assist with the completion of required reports to funding agencies.
- Develop and maintain information systems for frequently required data (general
- University / hospital information, available facilities, biographical sketches, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3 years’ experience in a sponsored projects office and/or training that includes grant writing, research, and project planning/development; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of US federal financial regulations and financial regulations of other major donor funding agencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office or ERP applications
- Experience in developing grant budgets.
- Experience working with teams (i.e., faculty, staff, administrators, funding agency representatives, community partner representatives, and grant writers from other institutions) on collaborative projects.
- Proficient with computer applications (Internet, Microsoft Work & Excel) and web based applications and resources.
- Experience processing documentation within designated timeframes to meet deadlines.
- Excellent conceptual, writing, editing, oral, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Experience submitting proposals via appropriate governmental portals such as
- Grants.gov, Fast lane, Assist, EDCTP portal, GCC portals, Workspace etc.
Method of Application
The successful candidates will be employed on contract terms with a competitive salary and allowances. Candidates who meet these requirements and are interested should submit their applications, copies of certificates and testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae giving details of their current remuneration on or before 20th March, 2018 to the address below:
AMPATH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, RESEARCH
AMPATH CENTRE, 2nd Floor RM 223
P.O Box 4606, 30200
Applications well labelled with the position being applied for should be dropped at the AMPATH Human Resource office, AMPATH Centre RM 223 not later than 20th March, 2018.