Corporate Staffing - We are a leading recruitment agency in Kenya partnering with local and foreign businesses looking to hire top Kenyan professionals.
Our Client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of pesticides to farmers and farms in Kenya. They seek to hire an efficient, competent and reliable Operations manager.
- Develop and implement operational systems, processes and policies in support of the business including reporting, information flow and management, business processes and planning.
- Daily running of operations and people management
- Fleet management and quality control including maintenance of vehicles
- Fleet performance and oversight
- Reviewing and Managing Budgets
- Manage relationships with 3rd party service providers
- Co-ordination and management of field staff and activities
- Oversee custom clearance for imported products
- Ensure logistics team follows stock control policies and processes
- Develop and implement a business strategy so that both execution and KPIs are effectively managed and well accomplished.
- Continuously evaluating operational processes to enhance the efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Ensure the effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery, ensuring best practice systems, methodologies and procedures are followed by the teams
- A Degree in any business related field preferably Logistics or Operations Management.
- 5-7 years’ experience in operations or logistics management
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and honesty.
- Excellent people management and supervisory skills, open to directives and commitment to get the job done efficiently.
- Past experience in operations management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with strong organizational and coordination skills; able to effectively establish optimal work schedules
- Analytical, factual, and ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Able to drive initiatives and implement best practices in operations management
go to method of application »
Our client is a well-established company serving a wide range of clientele in the service industry. They are looking for a talented Business Development Officer.
The role entails 60% Business Development and 40% operations. The successful individual will be tasked with increasing revenue as well as assign and direct all work performed in the branch and supervise all areas of operation
- Direct all operational aspects including customer service, human resources, administration and business development
- Develop and implement marketing strategies & coordinate marketing activities for the branch
- Manage relationships and ensure the set customer service standards are upheld at all times
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective business opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet set goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
- A Degree/Diploma in Business Management or a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years in Management
- Experience in Business Development is a must
- Experience in transport industry is an added advantage
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be very organized.
- Must have experience in product mix and selection.
- Must have had experience managing staff.
- Must be a team player.
go to method of application »
Our Client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of pesticides to farmers and farms in Kenya. They seek to hire a competent candidate to fill the post of Finance Manager.
He will be tasked with developing and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely generation of financial statements and reports.
- Develop and implement goals, policies and procedures relating to financial accounting, management and budgeting.
- Ensure that policies and procedures (internal controls) are reasonably in place and strictly followed to safeguard Company assets.
- Oversee the general accounting function that includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial analysis and reporting and balance sheet management.
- Responsible for overall financial planning and management including cash flow, creditors and debtors.
- Ensure that employees’ monthly statutory and other deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB loan, Sacco remittance) are remitted to authorized bodies in time frame required and records maintained.
- In consultation with the Director, liaise with the bankers for settlement of discrepancies and clarification of entries made in the bank account statements.
- Carry out foreign exchange adjustment at the end of the year.
- Liaise with insurance broker to ensure prompt payment of insurance claims and any other matter related to the insurance policy.
- In liaison with the external auditor ensure that the reporting of annual accounts is as per the legal requirement in regards to depreciation, dividends and taxation.
- Take the lead in designing, implementation and review of the company credit control procedure, and develop and implement enhancements.
- Assist in staff monitoring, appraisal, motivation and reward, disciplinary measures and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Carry out cost and business performance analysis of Company staff against targets on quarterly basis and/or as directed by the Director with an aim of identifying cost burden(s) for improvement and exemplary performance for motivation.
- Provide guidance and training on financial matters to staff to ensure adequate understanding of the Company business goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CPA K holder
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in similar position
- Deep professional knowledge of finance and accounting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess high sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Should be a team player and possess leadership skills
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your C.V only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, 19th March 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.