Senior Accountant Pula
Posted on: 15 May, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Pula
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
In the last 3 years, Pula has developed insurance solutions that in 2016 reached over 600,000 farmers across 9 countries in Africa, they are on a rapid growth path to reach one million farmers by the end of this year and are now looking to expand to Asia.
Pula Advisors is looking for an exceptional and best-in-class Accountant to build the finance and accounting systems to support their goal of building a billion-dollar business that protects and advises rural farming communities across Africa and Asia.
- Monitor and control expenditure and budgets. Supervise collection of company debt and maintenance of debt accounts
- Monitor and analyze monthly operational results against periods and budget issue reports to management.
- Set staff targets and carries out biannual appraisals
- Monitor product accounting transactions to ensure that they are promptly and are correctly recorded.
- In charge of the invoicing process to ensure that figures are accurate, complete and timely
- Prepare performance management reports
- Review ledger postings for accuracy Verification /authorization of payments
- Monitor cash balances and recommendations for cash flow and investment management.
- Maintenance of asset registers Ensuring month end/procedures are carried out for tax valuations and depreciations
- Represent the accounting function in meetings
- Ensure vendors are paid as per the credit and contracts terms.
- Ensure Employees are paid in terms as per their employment terms.
- Ensure Compliance with Income Tax Act, VAT ACT, NHIF ACT, NSSF ACT and other regulations when making payments to employees and suppliers of goods and other services across
- Develop new and review existing finance/accounting policies and procedures and ensure any gaps are sealed.
- Responsible for quarterly financial reporting in accordance with the IFRS standards.
- Co-ordination of company audit including all subsidiaries
Does this sound like you?
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field preferred; Bachelors in accounting required
- Full certification in CPA or ACCA
- Analytical and problem solving and computer skills
- Excellent Communication & interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- You have a passion for technology and its role in creating value and changing the way farmers protect and grow their crops
- Pula works in several geographies and expect that to understand the technology environment you will be developing solutions for you will have to travel to these markets for in-market projects
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Pula career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PulaSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at The World Bank Group (WBG)
- Job Vacancy at Standard Bank Group
- Relationship Manager at Citi Bank
- Sales Representative Internship at Odyssey Capital Limited
- Job Opportunities at Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) - 2 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Commercial Bank of Africa - 4 Positions
- Sales Team Leader at Izwe Loans Kenya Limited
- Job Vacancy at Bloomberg LP