Kirinyaga County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified person to fill the following position in the Department of Administration and Public Service. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Government Act, 2012.
JOB GROUP “R”
Job Ref: KCPSB/CDB/R/04/04/07/18
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating the development of budget policy, budget systems and reforms.
- Coordinating the overall county resource allocation in line with the county policy, annual development plan and CIDP.
- Advising the accounting officers on budgetary requirements for departments, budget planning and implementation.
- Coordinating capacity building in the budget department.
- Preparing and compiling annual and supplementary budgetary estimates, county fiscal strategy paper, BROP, budget execution report, revenues estimates and other budgetary reports.
- Undertaking risk assessment and management of the budget.
- Ensuring the county departments adhere to program based budgeting and capturing the same in IFMIS using plan to budget module.
- Coordinating the preparations of the county department’s public expenditure reviews and the sectorial reports.
- Coordination of public forums to ensure the public participates fully in the budget making process.
- Served for a minimum of period of eight (8) years, in similar capacity in public service or in comparable and relevant positions in private sector.
- Bachelor degree in any of the following discipline; Commerce (finance option), Economics, Statistics, Business administration from a recognized university in Kenya. OR
- Any other Bachelor degree from university recognized in Kenya plus CPA III qualifications.
- Master degree in Business administration, Economics, Finance, or any other financial related discipline from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Shown outstanding capability in financial management.
- Possession of senior management course (SMC) preferably from Kenya school of Government.
- Demonstrated understanding of National and county development goals, policies and objectives, national values and principle of governance.
NB: Candidates Working in Public sector will have an added advantage
go to method of application »
Job Ref: KCPSB/D2/E/01/04/07/18
The Driver will be responsible for the following:
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Driver III for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsements for class(es) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Passed Occupational Trade Test III For Drivers;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one week at St. John Ambulance Or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within even three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution.
- A valid certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police, and
- Shown merit and ability as reflecting work performance and results.
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the Friday, 13th July 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.