Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Arthur Guinness, John Walker and his sons and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people, businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
EABL operates within a multi cultural, multi national, multi currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, CGI and UBL. KBL is further categorized into Demand and Supply.
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. The Commercial Assets Coordinator is critical to the overall KBL short, medium and long term strategy in developing and driving our trade strategy and operational excellence within retail outlets and distributors.
The job holder works closely with the Trade Management, Trade Development Representative, Divisional Trade Execution Managers, Divisional Performance Managers, Area Business Development Manager and Divisional Sales Manager.
KBL demand has 97% volume share of beer market and 52% volume share for Spirits. KBL demand is the No.1 FMCG Company in Kenya and also markets UDV brands. KBL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach. The national distribution structure within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to KBL delivery of both volume growth and market share.
- Be authentic
- Speak out freely to increase your level of understanding and challenge ways of working where relevant.
- Build great relationships with your teams, peers, sales leaders and customers.
- Be honest and open at all times and value the difference in people.
- Find solutions
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities.
- Generate ideas and solutions to problems.
- Use all relevant data to make credible decisions.
- Consistently Deliver Great Performance
- Embrace the Diageo way of selling capabilities.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standard in everything you do.
- Fully understand the sales strategy and how you will beat the competition.
- Grow yourself
- Develop and apply self-awareness(strengths and development needs)
- Grow your capability and experience and use the sales career framework and sales capabilities.
- Look for and respond to feedback
Purpose Of Role
- Ensure optimum utilization of assets and tools in trade
- Lead the development and execution of asset merchandising programs for customer segments in line with the trade and portfolio strategy.
- Ensure that trade programs and execution merchandising standards developed meet business objectives and customer segment requirements
- Streamline and manage the efficacy of spend on tools and assets and ensure ROI on each.
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities
- Ensure the documentation and tracking of assets, movement and deployment as spelled out in Trade asset policy.
- Ensure that all supplier POs are raised in a timely manner and that their invoices are paid promptly and any discrepancies solved as quickly as possible.
- Ensure an updated log of all assets and tools in trade. The incumbent should be the liaison between field sales team, procurement, finance, legal and external suppliers/agencies to actualize this.
- Generate weekly reports on assets in trade- this shall include assets deployed, assets redeployed, lost assets, and assets maintained. Use the current
- Information Technology system and other manual sources to actualize this.
- Be central depository of all retail assets and tools records for the business. Additionally, this jobholder shall also work with internal stake holders to beat competition.
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Ideally, not less than two years' experience in FMCG preferably in trade marketing, field sales and administration
- Developing and maintaining beneficial relationships with clients, external suppliers and commercial partners
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing
- Organized, structured with good analytical skills
The trading environment of the FMCG category is changing from a pure commodity approach to brand and image building. Key Accounts are slowly emerging, which will result in specialization and concentration of decision power. To gain competitive advantage and to enhance brand, volume and profit performance the trade marketing and merchandising organizations need to successfully implement EABL's trade marketing and merchandising standards. The role of the Divisional Trade Marketing Manager is to manage and direct the divisional Sales Force and other trade marketing assets in order that they achieves the brand, availability and merchandising objectives in line with the needs of the trade.
Purpose Of Role
The main purpose for this role will be to develop and execute a divisional trade marketing and merchandising plan which meets brand, volume and profit objectives for each trade channel and customer through the most effective and efficient utilization of budgets and manpower in order to achieve overall Sales and Distribution objectives.
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities
- Develop and implement divisional trade marketing and merchandising plan which meets the objectives of the regional trade marketing and merchandising plan and is in line with brand strategy and the needs of the trade.
- Manage the implementation of plans for merchandising and promotion in the outlets in order to achieve brand, volume and share objectives and targets.
- Manage the efficient and effective execution of a divisional trade marketing plan through on-job training, retraining, motivation and development of the Sales Force, in order that trade marketing and merchandising representation is superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services.
- Manage the merchandising of company brands within retail outlets in the division in order to ensure that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market by trade channel and outlet type.
- Establish close working relationships with the trade in order to gain high levels of trade support and loyalty whilst enhancing understanding of the trading environment.
- Keep TMR’s fully informed at all times of objectives, progress and future Below The Line action plans so that effective planning and in-market activities can be implemented in a timely, efficient and effective manner
- Manage Divisional Trade Marketing budgets and BTL assets for the division to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- Provide trade marketing and merchandising information and reports on performance and customers to ensure that the National Trade Marketing Manager, Customer Service , Marketing and Brand Marketing are fully informed at all times.
- Manage contracted retail outlets in terms of contract compliance, optimal maintenance and placement of company material.
- Implement national presence marketing and promotion programs with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the key strategic brands throughout the division by gaining the active support of the trade through the Sales Force.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Approx. 2 years’ experience at a territory representative level in an FMCG company.
- Experience in people management.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.