Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
The main purpose of the position is to provide professional Support and management of IT infrastructure visibility, availability, scalability and reliability.
- Implementation and support of IT Infrastructure in line with Bank’s Vision and provisioning High Available Server infrastructure for the Critical Server systems.
- Ensuring infrastructure high availability, business continuity and effective management of 24×7 Data Centre operations and high end infrastructure SLAs.
- Design and implementation of Cloud infrastructure systems for the Bank.
- Formulation and analyzing business needs and recommend appropriate ICT Server and Storage infrastructure solutions to meet the Bank’s requirements.
- Conducting performance and capacity planning and develop budgets for hardware infrastructure requirements and future projections for business.
- Design modeling for provisioning, orchestrating and deployment of server infrastructure and making it readily available.
- Design, evaluation and implementation of procedures and technical measures to enhance the security of Data Centre server and storage Infrastructure, Virtualized Server pool and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Keeping up- to- date infrastructure documentation, policies and procedural documents, disaster recovery plan and best practices that relate to hardware infrastructure.
- Providing the strategic evaluation and design of hardware solutions to support the banks requirements and supervise the technical execution of the same.
- Design and implement cost management policies, progress on lease model of asset management and also manage SLAs to ensure High Availability of Mission Critical Servers and Business Continuity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any Information Technology related field from a recognized and reputable University.
- Professional IT certification in the following: CCNP/CCNA/ITIL
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a busy enterprise hardware infrastructure environment, supporting a mix of industry standard, mid-range server infrastructure and high-end enterprise storage solutions.
- Proficiency in the management and support of SUSE.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.Ability to deliver effectively under strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop working relationships with a wide range of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high performing team
Reporting to the Lead Applications Developer, the application developer (integration support engineer) shall build and customize applications, systems and interfaces to support the bank’s digital platform, internal processes and other business units.
The developer will interact with third party service providers as well as other internal digital financial services units. The holder must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for hand-held devices and web solutions as business delivery channels for both bank corporate and retail customers as well as for online agency banking services.
- Document, Design and develop solutions for the KCB Digital Platform, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, and Agency Banking systems and other alternative channels.
- Provide support for the integration framework.
- Implement high availability, fault tolerant strategies, and load balancing techniques based on IBM Integration Bus suite of products capabilities.
- Manage middleware environments and provide support to application and business teams. The job holder will also participate in quality assurance activities for integration related solutions before they are transitioned to production.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other support teams to troubleshoot integration platforms / server performance
- Issues and tune the environment based on findings and to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provide detailed incident reports and root cause analysis and suggest workarounds / interventions and/or solutions for recurring issues. Continuously devise or modify procedures to solve complex and recurrent problems and maintaining a knowledge base of the known problems and solutions.
- Periodic or adhoc patching of the environment – applying maintenance updates such as fix packs to the broker/integration nodes and ensuring the whole environment is up to date in relation to patching.
- Manage/action service requests raised directly or escalated to the integration support team and within the pre-determined SLA
- Maintain an up to date detailed configuration matrix for all services and integration landscape / environment.
- Interact closely with business owners and other key stakeholders to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop Systems and Interfaces using alternative Technologies to drive business. Accountable for preparation and timely delivery of quality applications. The responsibility includes requirements definition, review of design documents, user test planning and review, defect tracking, and project closure tasks.
- Work with Enterprise Service Bus for service orchestration and systems integration.
- Specify and ensure application controls are incorporated during design of the software to check on risk exposure.
- Carry our functional and system tests and play a key role in facilitating user acceptance tests.
- Work closely with IT Risk and Security to ensure that applications are well secured.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to high quality programming standards based on the bank’s SDLC policy
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology or related discipline.
- At least 3-years’ working experience in application development with a bias in System Integration with Telcos, Mobile Money Systems and ecommerce APIs eg Paypal, Mastercard, Visa among others
- At least 3-years’ working experience using Java, Angular and Python programming languages is a must
- At least 2-years’ working experience in Web, Mobile or POS application development
- At least 2-years’ working experience in SQL programming, SSL Configurations and Digital Certificates
- Knowledge of Python, .NET or C# programming languages is an added advantage
- Experience in ESB implementation/programming would be an added advantage
- ITIL certification would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Huawei Mobile Money System would be an added advantage
- Experience in Core Banking System programming would be an added advantage.
- Highly Motivated & Process driven with an eye for detail and always willing to learn
- Team player and ready to work under pressure.
- Should be able to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment
Reporting to the Lead Applications Developer, the analyst shall support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs. Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results.
This person will be responsible for eliciting, analysing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing the business needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
The analyst works closely with business units, subject matter experts and technical resources to identify business needs, define projects, develop requirements and manage the development effort to completion.
- Lead requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or requirements workshops.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with business units that rely on that information to define system requirements or organizational processes.
- Collect and analyze the project’s business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to the development team.
- Business requirements documentation
- Effectively communicate relevant information to company management
- Review and prepare system documentation and specifications in accordance with methodology.
- Ability to lead internal teams
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Facilitate requirements prioritization based on business value
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to requirements through effective use of change control processes and tools
- Balance technology and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with both technology and business experts
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines, schedules, and methodologies
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Studies, Informatics, Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Technology.
- At least 2 years Business Analysis experience in a busy environment
- Deep understanding of the Software Development life cycle process
- Highly Motivated & Process driven with an eye for detail and always willing to learn.
- Team player and ready to work under pressure.
- Should be able to maintain and promote a positive attitude and work environment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Databases Administration, the role of the position is to ensure high performance, high availability, integrity and security of the database.
- Responsible for managing and supporting high performance, highly available and mission critical database .
- Review and design database structures to support business requirements including logical and physical database modeling.
- Install, configure and maintain database instances, creates various database objects, creates users with appropriate roles and levels of security.
- Recommend and implement database security policies that are consistent with KCB’s security guidelines.
- Recommend and implement database backup and recovery strategies that meet KCB’s recovery and availability requirements.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve the environment following established processes and procedures.
- Perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance.
- Recommend best practices and ensure they are implemented and incorporated into DBA procedures.
- Seek opportunities to utilize new technology to solve technical and business problems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT related field.
- Certification in Oracle Database Administration is required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Oracle Database Administration.
- Experience in an organisation with a key reliance on 24×7 reliability on its database.
- System administration experience with Linux.
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Reporting to the Senior Manager Digital Systems Support, the systems channel support person shall ensure smooth running of all Digital Platform services and interacting channels and third-party systems.
The holder will provide both onsite and off the site technical support for the live system components as well constantly monitoring the system’s health status.
The holder must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for mobile money systems and other delivery channels for both bank corporate and retail customers including online digital channels, agency banking services as well as mobile apps.
The holder must demonstrate proficiency in issue tracking and resolution skills as well strong understanding of escalation matrices.
The holder will also be required to easily learn all the business configuration procedures and processes for the bank’s digital platform product. The position requires someone with experience and expertise in mobile and internet based financial systems technologies as well as APP, SMS and USSD connectivity.
The person should have a good grasp of emerging channel technologies and applications and convergence of mobile and internet channels.
- Business configurations of the Digital Platform and S&L system and formulation of support manuals;
- Develop subject matter expert knowledge of Mobile, eCommerce and other payment banking technologies;
- Develop real time online reports and monitoring tools to be able to track internet / mobile banking and internet acquiring system uptime and performance;
- Maintain up to date system and user documentation including configuration documents;
- Following established change management practices by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that adheres to established business processes;
- Keep track of user issues and oversee their prompt resolution;
- Ensure compliance of SLAs by system vendors;
- Provide product development support by participating in testing and piloting of new functionality where required;
- Identify & implement local changes for process improvement, in liaison with internal stakeholders from other departments;
- Participate and provide input to the product development roadmap to ensure timely delivery of relevant products to KCB Customers;
- Provide 1st level Support to Customer experience, Operations, Finance and other internal functional units;
- Continual Service Improvement by recommending and implementing upgrades or changes to the mobile & internet solutions for increased performance, security or business benefits;
- Work with the external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all system issues;
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure new functionality, processes and systems are fully understood;
- Manage system capacity and anticipate user demands on resources;
- Manage all the security elements related to the system locally (certificates, interfaces, Access to systems);
- Provide Risk Management for all Operational requests as per the IS Audit/Risk Recommendations;
- Provide 1st level Support to assigned Business Applications
- Work with the third-party development teams to ensure that the requirements as documented are clearly understood and incorporate all the operational requirements;
- Proactively research & investigate functionalities suitable for the local market and discuss with key stakeholders to obtain buy-in;
- Transfer system knowledge to internal Customers on new features and support processes;
- Provide weekly system performance reports to management.
- Drive attainment of efficiencies through automation of processes/activities.
- Following established change management practices by ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that adheres to established business processes.
- Deploy and support of BCM strategies for Site Recovery Management
- A University Degree in Computer Studies, Computer/Information Science or any IT related discipline.
- At least 2-years’ working experience is channel support or business support operations role
- At least 1-year’ working experience supporting a mobile money system or banking systems
- Professional IT qualifications in one or more of the following: Networks, Databases, Systems Support, Security would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Database management systems, solutions and administration would be an added advantage
- CCNA, ITIL certification would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Mobile Money Systems would be an added advantage
- A good grasp of emerging channel technologies and applications and convergence of mobile and internet channels
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.