Crystal Recruitment is a boutique recruitment firm that specializes in matching the right talent to the right job opportunities across Africa. We go out of our way to find that missing person for your business puzzle. We are the partner that understands your needs, recruits ‘best-in-class’ talent and counsel you towards a successful conclusion to the search process.
Our primary activity is permanent placements and temporary staffing for either single, large volume or ongoing staffing requirements. We recruit at all levels from junior to senior and across a broad range of employee categories and sectors.
Our Client is a Kenyan Investment firm that engages in Regional Investment Banking, securities, investment management and other financial services with both individual and institutional clients.
They seek to recruit motivated individuals to join the Private Wealth Section as Investment Advisors.
- Looking after high net worth individuals of the Private Wealth team by providing suitable investment advice across a range of assets classes from cash deposits, fixed income, equities, real estate and private equity.
- Network, generate leads and grab opportunities to sell the spectrum of investment opportunities that are both onshore and offshore.
- Managing client investment portfolios and assisting clients to build their investment strategies.
- Develop relationships with clients to maximize their revenue potential
- Assess the client’s overall financial picture, understand their needs and develop a solid investment plan
- Assist with strategizing and implementing the team’s marketing initiatives
- Meeting clients regularly to provide investment updates
- Keep abreast of new industry’s trends and research market to back up investment consulting
- Comply with all industry rules and regulations
- Trade execution
- Product development
- Track record of 1-2 years of successful investment guidance
- Ability to analyze market’s financial data and to provide appropriate data-based advice
- Strong communication (written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Excellent PC knowledge and ability to operate database systems
- CFA Qualified is a Bonus
- Bcom / BS degree in Finance or related field
Our client in the hospitality industry is one of the longest established safari outfitters in East Africa. They are currently hiring a Mechanic who will work in one of their luxury camps in the MARA.
The job purpose includes; fleet maintenance, ensure all Head Office and Camps vehicles and mechanical equipment are functioning and providing service and to maintain records and controls of individual vehicles maintenance and spares.
- Undertake installation, operation, maintenance and repair of vehicles, machines and equipment, ensuring they are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Establish the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines, vehicles and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Investigate equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation, and to make service recommendations to the group maintenance manager.
- Regularly service and maintain company vehicles and equipment.
- Undertake the assembly, installation and/or repair of wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, of all vehicles, machinery, and Camp Facilities.
- Will be responsible for ordering parts, supplies, and equipment from head office and keep supply of spare parts, while monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the spare parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Ensure that vehicle functional condition is well maintained by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Ensure that Vehicle complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Ensure that vehicle records are properly kept by recording service and repairs.
- Ensure that shop equipment are operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Ensure that supplies are ready by taking stock inventory; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Ensure all camp vehicles are in good and working order when at Camps.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the Group Maintenance Manager.
- KNEC Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering – Automotive Option
- Graded artisan from directorate of industrial training is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a busy tour company preferably KATO category is an added advantage.
- Working experience at CMC specifically in the land rover section or Toyotsu in the land cruiser section is preferred though not a must.
- Over 5 years’ progressive hands on experience dealing with land rovers and Toyota land cruiser make of vehicles is compulsory.
Professional Qualities and Behavioral Attributes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to diagnose problems both mechanical and electrical
- Superior organizational skills, as well as proven ability to provide quality service in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as and when volume of work demands
- Ability to always demonstrate a strong skill set related to effective multi-tasking and problem solving
- Desire for continuous learning and improve on skill areas relevant to the role.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and display a high level of maturity and patience even with difficult customers.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Reasoning Ability
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.