Tuskys, the leading retailer in Kenya has adopted remains to be a very strategic player in the market. It has experienced significant growth over the last few years, leading to many opportunities coming up.
Key Primary duties and responsibilities
- Implement improvement processes and systems to optimize inventory, minimize costs and maximize working capital.
- Ensure that all item codes are active and correctly captured in terms of cost price, selling price, description, warehouse code and unit of measure.
- Ensure that daily stock adjustments are correctly processed. Creation of entire inventory replenishment threshold procedures.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system.
- Conduct Physical wall-to-wall Stock Takes on a monthly basis.
- Conduct Cycle Count Stock Checks as agreed with Supervisor.
- Daily update of stock issues to Shop floor &production and Stock Receipts from Shop Floor, Production areas e.g. Deli section and Suppliers in ERP System.
- Reporting monthly on slow moving stock and redundant stocks in terms of quantity, values and their requisite remedial action points.
- Reporting monthly on Inventory levels.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Provision of inventory shrinkage reports.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business operations, logistics, mathematics, or related field Diploma in IT or related field
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience in retail, wholesale, warehousing, or logistics
Work Related Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate and work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with computers and other standard office technology
- Familiarity with SAP enterprise resource planning software
go to method of application »
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- Provide overall leadership to the bakery team, responsible for all aspects of daily operations including planning, quality assurance and customer care.
- Key Responsibilities
- Build a positive work environment with outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are achieved. Ensure that the recipes are followed in the established proportions and communicate any scale up or scale down of batch sizes for verification.
- Follow through to make sure that the methodologies and production processes are strictly observed during the production of all the products.
- Schedule the production plans to make sure that the targets are achieved.
- Guide the sales team to ensure that there is proper handling of the products after baking to avoid damages.
- Maintain products quality by focusing on the key critical control points to make sure that the final products meets the required standards.
- Use product presentation guidelines to ensure that the products are well and neatly arranged in the glass displays and shelves.
- Plan the shifts in a way that will ensure continuity in production and service.
- Report all the indiscipline cases to management.
- Communicate and review the sales targets with the team on a weekly basis.
- Guide the teams in proper machine handling during usage.
- Schedule daily and weekly clean-up of equipment.
- Report breakdowns promptly and ensure that repairs are conducted satisfactorily.
- Keep a schedule and coordinate all equipment service.
- Inventory Management Recommend changes in product Menu based on market changes, customer demands and sales/margin reports.
- Raise inventory requisitions to direct suppliers and DC.
- Ensure that inventory received from DC and directed supplier is posted same day.
- Manage and control outlet inventory levels through the Hospitality module.
- Prepare stock management reports (direct supplies, stock-takes and accountability of any variances thereof, stock-damages/returns).
- Generate opening and closing stock records from system and verify with physical stock daily.
- Ensure correct stock rotation procedure, minimize wastage and correct recording of wastage.
- Ensure production plan are followed, record /posted. Raise IDT requests in the system and generate IDT reports for review and sign off by double checkers and Branch Manager.
- Bachelor of Food production or any other related field.
- Diploma in Food & Beverage.
- Minimum KCSE – C Plus
- At least one year working at the Deli or Bakery.
- Good communication
- Multi-tasking skills
- Well organized, excellent planning and organization skills
- Team player
- Computer literacy.
go to method of application »
Overall Purpose of the Job:
A successful category manager contributes to the profitability of each store by increasing the volume of products that are sold within the category, and improving the speed of inventory turnover within the category.
The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Tuskys brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
- Providing category buyers with customer focused insights regarding the product and category so to achieve successful buying plans.
- Often work closely with buyers to expand successful product lines, and implement successful exit strategies.
- In liaison with category buyer; is responsible for setting competitive pricing points, and adjusting the pricing to increase sales and clear out stagnant items from inventory.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate category specific strategies and business plans to deliver mutually agreed upon results.
- Effectively communicate strategies and initiatives to senior leadership.
- Planning and driving category sales budgets
- Develop innovative consumer centric on-shelf merchandising solutions along with creative off-shelf programs and promotions grounded in consumer data.
- Oversee the inventory management of product life cycles, including promotion purchases.
- Responsible for managing inventory and for effectively planning and forecasting in order to maximize the profitability of the inventory flow.
- Effectively leverage data to analyze daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales results to help understand if specific strategies and tactics are delivering the intended results.
- Assume leadership role in developing and communicating category business plans and tactics to all functional areas.
- Develop assortment plans to support the category strategy and objectives and drive store execution.
- Determining both local and overseas product trends and converting these into sales
- Ensuring all products meet legal and statutory obligations Design and lead category promotions both monthly and seasonal, including assortment and product mix to deliver sales and profit objectives and ensure the department’s financial objectives.
- Support internal customers by proactively responding to store inquiries/needs.
- Perform quarterly range review.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Diploma in sales and marketing or any other relevant diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with 2years in retail industry of FMCG firm.
Work Related Skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Good customer service skills
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their application (CV and Cover letter) to Recruitment-Enquiry@tuskys.com ; Quote “Inventory Controller “on the email subject.
Application deadline is Friday August 17th, 2018, at 5:00pm. Late applications will not be considered.