Department: Finance & Admin
Position Reporting to: Head Procurement & Logistics
Manages Others: Yes
Number of Positions Managed: 4
Job Purpose / Summary: To ensure optimal inventory holding maintained at the warehouse and in Other countries (Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania) to support the delivery of the sales budget.
Manages the importation process and inventory control. Responsible for warehousing resources and related logistical activities in line with set systems and procedures.
- Implements Inventory policy and maintains stock at approved levels to avoid excess/ stock outs and ensure business continuity.
- Ensuring all materials received at the warehouse have system generated goods received notes not later than 48 hours after delivery.
- Ensures purchase requests for commercial stocks are raised in time and deliveries called off in time.
- Takes charge of, plans and manages import activities.
- Liaises with clearing agents to ensure the timely receipt of imported goods and services.
- Liaises with customs clearing agents to ensure quick turnaround times (TAT) for cargo arriving at port
- Process management for Clearing bill pertaining to, warehousing Agency on Duty Account and Services.
- Disposals: Identifies and proposes inventory items earmarked for disposal to management for approval (Slow Moving, Damaged and Obsolete
- Reporting : Prepares Imports and Inventory reports for management decision making e.g. Inventory valuation & trend reports for business decision making,
- Imports Tracker on Duty Payments, Clearance Status.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely order delivery of equipment
- Improved material flows from and to the warehouse
- Clearing goods within 1-2 days
- Improved inventory and procurement system.
- Implement best practices
- Facilitate timely payment.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities and Expectations:
- University Degree in Business or equivalent
- Graduate Diploma of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (UK)
- Excellent knowledge of ERP system; Sage Evolution an added advantage.
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Leadership and supervision skills
- Hands on experience of more than 5 years in Inventory management including Planning at a Global level
- Excellent knowledge of import and export procedures
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in Logistics and Warehousing
Skills and Abilities
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work under strict timelines
- Customer centric
- High sense of urgency
- Able to operate in a fast moving high performance driven organization Demonstrate an ability to build and manage relationships and influence various stakeholders
- Results oriented and an excellent communicator both orally and in writing