If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
African Management Services Company - A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO) has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 28 years. We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable.
The SD is a proven commercial and strategic talent with a passion for new brands and their positioning in East African markets. He/she takes pride in representing a Made in Kenya premium brand and in leading it to commercial success. The SD holds high moral standards and has shown to lead companies to commercial success by taking a fresh and modern approach to developing business.
The SD is an inspirational leader and a great team builder. He/she is responsible for overall sales and after sales performance and is knowledgeable about best practices and the resources required to build and implement an international successful commercial strategy. The SD has a proactive personality and a mentality of leading by example.
Interacting with a team that is divided over two continents and is composed of various different educational, professional and cultural backgrounds is central to this position. Additionally, Kibo’s new target markets require the MD not only to have an international educational and business background, but also a track record showing her/his first hand strategic contributions to successful brand and product introductions.
Relevant experience in the larger automotive industry is considered a big plus.
The SD will define the international commercial growth strategy for the company in collaboration with the Managing Director and the management team (MT) of the parent company.
The SD is the budget holder for all commercial activities and is responsible for the implementation of the commercial strategy as well as performance analysis and management.
- Grow and lead sales and after sales organisation with a focus on long-term sustainable growth.
- Set challenging yet realistic KPIs based of market analysis and commercial strategy and assure support for these within the sales team.
- Setting up standardised sales and after sales reporting and systems as part of the monthly P&C cycle to systematically develop measure, analyse and improve market penetration.
- Report to MD and HQ in Amsterdam on a monthly basis.
- Standardise sales and after sales processes, procedures and structure in order to secure transparency and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in both Kenya and Amsterdam offices on defining the overall sales and marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in both Kenya and Amsterdam offices for planning of new product launches and selection and contracting of new retail and service partners.
- Collaborate closely with finance, production and logistics departments to guarantee smooth operations.
- Monitor relevant product markets through all key data sources in order to acquire and maintain full understanding of positioning, pricing, market share and demand planning.
- Ensure that quality feedback loop from customers to operations and product development teams will be communicated effectively and efficiently according to well managed priorities.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates top quality personnel through effective performance management, team leadership, coaching, and mentorship.
- Position the company in Kenya and other East African markets.
- Identify high potential regions within Kenya.
- Identify high potential regions within EAC.
- Strategic planning for retail and service network expansion, both nationally and in EAC.
- Rollout of retail and service network expansion in Kenya and EAC.
- Maintain and improve commercial success of retail and service partners by continuously monitoring and analysing the status quo to identify points for improvement.
- Manage commercial communications assuring strong brand identity and positioning.
- Develop and execute Sales and Marketing tactical campaigns and initiatives in order to achieve the set targets within the determined budget.
- Be part of relevant business communities and attend events to build the network.
- Feels strongly about being part of a business that combines commercial success and long-term positive social and environmental impact.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, a Master’s degree in Business (MBA) or technical degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in sales, marketing, management consulting, or other similar roles for top tier companies, with at least 5 years in a similar role in Kenya
- International business experience working in a foreign country will be an added advantage
- At least one successful international brand or product positioning in Africa for which he/she led strategy development and held final responsibility.
- Has a strong track record in generating significant improvements in commercial performance of the companies for which he/she was in charge of commercial departments.
- Exceptional leadership is a team builder, and a believer in collaborative approaches as the road to success.
- Brings vision and ingenuity, is known to have a fresh approach.
- Is an exceptional communicator.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high quality deliverable outputs.
- Is committed and believes in long-term relationships as a key driver for success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building with colleagues, partners and customers.
- Ability to manage timelines and project progress effectively with both internal and external stakeholders in both our Amsterdam and Nairobi offices.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment.
- The highest level of integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Practical experience in the application of modern marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Experience in managing budgets effectively, financial reporting, and setting up effective metrics and business processes.
- Proficiency in Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word and ERP systems.
- Hands on mentality
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Management Services Company (AMSCO) career website on www.placementpartner.co.za to apply