If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
Subject title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – HIV Prevention Key Population 02/CHS/PO/2018
CHS is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – HIV Prevention (Key Populations in its Key Populations Project. This project will support the provision of high-quality HIV prevention and treatment services targeting sex workers, Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Female Sex Workers (FSW) in Machakos and Kitui Counties.
Reporting to Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for coordinating all M&E field-related activities and providing constant feedback to the program teams and health care workers in DICES
- Facilitate routine data management activities that include; data collection, cleaning, validation, compilation analysis, and reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate the process of developing the capacity of health care workers to monitor and evaluate strategic programming for key populations.
- Ensure timely and proper implementation of the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) monitoring and evaluation guidelines including the roll-out of new tools in all CHS-supported DICEs.
- Contribute in the review and/or development of monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that are responsive to data needs.
- Strengthen data utilization for decision making at DICES, counties and program level.
- Work closely with stakeholders to strengthen systems for monitoring client’s outcomes; monitoring the quality of care; tracing clients who default; and data quality assurance.
- Support data quality initiatives and prepare data analysis required for program performance review as well as for quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Provide expertise in developing and/or review of indicators for monitoring and evaluation of program performance.
- Document best M&E practices and disseminate the same to relevant stakeholders.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for collection and analysis of data when the need arises.
- Act as a link between CHS and stakeholders on all dices data related issues.
- Actively contribute and participate in conducting project self-assessments and addressing the M&E capacity gaps that are identified.
- Assist all relevant stakeholders to make use of data to aid informed decision-making by availing analyzed datasets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Biostatistics, Information Technology or any other related discipline.
- Training in M&E systems will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in supporting M&E systems for public health projects.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet packages (Ms-excel), database management systems (Ms-Access or Epi-Info), Ms-Word, Ms-Power-Point, the internet, SPSS or STATA.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Good analytical and presentation skills
go to method of application »
Subject title Finance Assistant (04/CHS/FA/2018)
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Finance Assistant in its Key Population Project. This project will support the provision of high quality HIV prevention and treatment services targeting sex workers, Men who have sex with men (MSM) and Female Sex Workers (FSW) in Machakos and Kitui Counties.
Reporting administratively to the Program Manager and functionally Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will ensure proper recording of project expenditures in the Key Population Project.
- Responsible for making payments via MPESA platform to field staff, workshop participants and movement of funds in Utility and M-Pesa platform.
- Preparing payment requisitions (invoicing in Navision system) and relevant documents and processing for payment.
- Ensuring timely payments of monthly bills and utilities to vendors and suppliers.
- Preparing statutory payments such as withholding tax, HELB, NSSF, NHIF, NITA and ensure timely and compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Preparing bank reconciliations and follow up on any outstanding items.
- Maintaining an updated filing system and ensuring posting of all transactions.
- Maintain a monthly creditor aged analysis
- Maintain a system for the use of the office Imprest/ petty cash and undertake a monthly cash verification procedure to ensure proper use of the imprest.
- Ensure full compliance with USG and CHS policies and regulations.
- Maintain a proper system of advances to employees, according to CHS policy
- Ensure optimum utilisation of resources within the program
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting Option) or Business Studies from a recognized university
- A professional seeking accountancy qualification, such as CPA (part 1)
- Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant work experience in an NGO
- Computer literate and working experience in NAVISION accounting package.
- Understanding the donor rules and regulations requirements
- Familiarity with the local and International accounting and auditing standards
Method of Application
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – HIV Prevention Key Population ) by Thursday, August 16, 2018 by 5.00PM
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification