I&M Bank, a regional Bank with a fast growing branch network around the country, is seeking to fill in the following position in Credit Department.
Job Summary: The Job holder will be part of the banks senior management team, responsible for reviewing the Bank’s non-performing and distressed assets, and developing appropriate strategies to ensure timely remediation and recovery of amounts due hence minimizing losses to the bank.
The individual will lead a sizeable team, engage with management and Board in delivering key results with minimal supervision.
The Incumbent will report to the General Manager – Credit and will be responsible for:
- Recruiting, developing and guiding Debt Recovery and Remedial unit in reviewing all non-performing facilities and developing appropriate strategies to ensure efficient and cost effective recoveries.
- Recommending and implementing debt restructures/renegotiations where appropriate to return bad debts to performing book.
- Working with Business units and Credit Managers to promptly remediate any weaknesses identified on the portfolio to reduce events of default.
- Providing appropriate inputs to Board and Management Committees to ensure identified gaps in the lending process are addressed.
- Working with legal team to drive appropriate legal recoveries options and ensuring the due procedures are adhered inorder to avoid potential litigation risk or adverse publicity.
- For cases in court, ensuring the relevant evidence in support of the Bank’s case is properly documented and representing the Bank as a witness as and when required.
- Planning and closely coordinating the Debt Recovery process with various stakeholders, including Lawyers, evaluators and auctioneers amongst others.
- Providing periodic reports to Management and Board Committee’s on the Recovery Status of non-performing portfolio, with clear recommendations on the way forward or closure.
- Liaising with the Head of Credit and Finance to ensure provisions held against bad & doubtful debts are adequate and in compliance with the Prudential Guidelines and IFRS9 requirements.
- Providing input in loan product development and portfolio quality through regular feedback on learning points to avoid underwriting bad credits.
- Periodic training of staff on matters relating to non-performing assets.
- Keeping abreast with and proactively acting on market developments that may adversely impact on the banks success to recover loans.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in any business related field.
- Professional qualifications/certifications in CPA/AKIB/Loan Management etc will be an added advantage.
- Masters in a business related field such as Strategic Management, Economics, Finance, and Operations etc.
- At least 4 years’ experience at managerial level, with board reporting responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding and practice of CBK guidelines and IFRS9 requirements.
- Experience in handling complex corporate recovery cases including receiverships, arbitrations and re- negotiations.
- Legal background will be added advantage.
go to method of application »
Job Summary: The Job holder will be part of the bank’s management team, responsible for facilitating the acquisition of profitable new business and retaining existing accounts in order to increase Bancassurance market share and to achieve profitable growth of business in accordance with targets set and criteria formulated by the Agency.
The role will also drive business growth through working closely with bank branch staff by assisting in identifying business opportunities on existing bank customers, new to bank customers and existing bank insurance customers through cross sell initiative.
The Incumbent will report to the Business Development Manager – Bancassurance and will be responsible for:
- Coordinating marketing efforts to ensure that branch business targets are met.
- Handling new business enquiries; coordinating new business quotation process; and following up quotations to ensure closure.
- Implementing and monitoring results from cross sell strategy in place.
- Monitoring competition and propose measures to enhance Bancassurance’s competitiveness.
- Ensuring that the covers recommended meet customer expectations.
- Liaising closely with the IPF department of the bank for premium financing.
- Liaising with the Banc assurance department to ensure that policy documents endorsements and renewal notices are despatched to customers promptly.
- Proposing risk surveys and making recommendations for premium discounts for good risks covered through the agency.
- Closely monitoring customer service satisfaction to ensure renewals are not threatened.
- Liaising with Business Development Manager, negotiating renewal terms of all businesses well in advance and send formal renewal confirmations to operations team before the renewal dates.
- Preparation of Monthly business performance assessments reports i.e. new business acquired, Renewal retention percentage, business lost, business sources etc.
- Maintaining and regularly updating business progress reports.
- Familiarizing with the BA procedures manual.
- Conducting regular training for bank branch staff on BA products.
- Updating branch staff on new products on offer
- Updating staff on the changes in the rating structure.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Insurance professional qualifications- COP,AIIK or ACII
- Good knowledge of the Insurance Act and CBK Guidelines on incidental business activity.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in insurance business development.
- Ability to make prudent underwriting judgment.
- Good sales and marketing track record
go to method of application »
Job Summary: The role holder will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager – Strategy & Transformation in developing, implementing, monitoring and updating performance management tools in order to track progress of all strategy and transformation initiatives across the Bank.
The Incumbent will report to the Senior Manager-Strategy & Transformation and will be responsible for the following:
- In liaison with the Line Manager, developing, maintaining, monitoring and updating a tracker showing progress on execution of deliverables in line with the 5-year strategic implementation activities and escalating notable deviations.
- Assisting the Line Manager in translating initiatives, work streams and milestones into project plans which ensures successful project completion.
- In liaison with the Line Manager assisting in setting target metrics / KPIs for work streams and tracking targets set.
- Monitoring and tracking of initiatives, facilitating initiative approvals at various stages, reporting deviations and suggesting remedial actions.
- In liaison with the Line Manager supporting review of Business plans for initiatives prior to senior management sign off.
- Conducting assessment of performance of strategic initiatives to support performance reviews.
- Preparation of periodic reports on progress of transformation for review by the Line Manager.
- Deputizing for the Senior Manager and attending work stream meetings to support initiative owners in transformation.
- Enforcing the weekly cadence and leading change management activities– ensuring pre-TOs, post-TOs and stand-ups meetings are held within work stream and attending to support sponsors where required
- Identifying, analyzing and preparing mitigation tactics for risk (Signaling blocking points and flagging these timely to CTO/TO manager)
- Identifying and managing anticipated resistance including keeping track of any changes
to cadence and correcting if need be to keep discipline
- Management of the Wave solution including administration, Wave training, assisting users with Wave queries and linking with Wave support team.
- Supporting the periodic reviews of the 3 – 5 year strategic plan and continuous reporting of the progress to the various identified governance forums
- Ability to understand and translate strategy into action
- Ability to project and manage complex multifaceted strategic projects
- Advance proficiency and experience in use of excel including modelling
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- Effective communicator & good relationship management skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Good interpretation and decision making ability
- Good people management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work independently/self-driven
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other project management applications
- Strong planning, coordination and time management skills
- 7 years overall banking experience 3 of which should have been at managerial level
Method of Application
If you believe you meet the above requirements, send your application together with a comprehensive curriculum indicating your qualifications, present position, contact and names of three referees.
Your application should reach the below address on or before 14th September 2018.
Please quote the reference number followed by the position applied for in the application
The General Manager-Human Resources
I&M Bank Limited
I&M Tower, Kenyatta Avenue
P.O Box 30238 – 00100, Nairobi
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.