Kenya Safari Lodges and Hotels is a Limited company incorporated in 1966. Our mission is to enhance customer value by offering top quality hospitality experiences. KSLH attracts many clients in their 3 (three) units being: – Mombasa Beach Hotel, Voi safari Lodge and Ngulia safari Lodge.
KSLH is looking for 2 (two) seasoned Sales & Marketing Executives who are passionate with the ‘art’ of marketing and with abundance of ideas for building efficient sales & marketing strategies in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong techniques and methods of promoting our services and public image.
Scope and Main Purpose of the Job
- To Conduct marketing research and analysis to evaluate trends and service awareness
- To promote sales of KSLH units, facilities and service directly using various marketing techniques
- To achieve set sales targets in accordance with the sales & marketing plans.
- To initiate and control surveys to assess customer requirements and dedication
- To assist SMM by acting as “first contract” with all outside business contacts and by making outside sales calls or visits, a major part of this role
- To promote the image and services of the company so that maximum growth occurs through gaining new clients and contacts.
- To actively participate in the execution of the Departmental sales programmes and initiative in liaison with the immediate superior
- Conceive and develop efficient and intuitive marketing strategies
- Attain the sales targets in the allocated segments as required & develop new business out of the existing segments
- Maintain and develop a computerized clientele and prospective clients’ database
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to assigned market segment (s) in order to achieve or surpass budgeted sales targets.
- Welcome enquiries from and identify prospective new ‘clients’ exact needs, liaise closely with operational management staff on all details for a prospective new client(contract) and gain their agreement on all details.
- Follow up leads by visiting prospective clients regularly to maintain their interest. Maintain constant communication with the client once the sale is closed or account (contract) is opened and show an ongoing interest in the performance of the account.
- Entertain prospective clients in accordance with set policy, where possible combining this visits to existing satisfied customers.
- Develop ideas and create offers for outside marketing (OM) and marketing to major accounts appropriate to the market segments(s) targeted
- KCSE C or equivalent, Diploma or degree in marketing OR Hotel/Hospitality Management from a recognized institution
- Evidence of previous hotel related experience of at least 1 year in sales & marketing department in a busy 3& 4 star hotel, experience in revenue budgeting and product costing and pricing and pricing advantageous.
- Must have done direct personal selling for at least one year and shown a strong sales record.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary languages(s) used in the workplace and by guest who frequently visit and stay at KSLH business units.
- Advanced computer skills (words processing, spreadsheets, database, PPT) Computerized FO reservations and accounting system. Background on automated sales office is helpful.
- Service oriented, track record of successful customer service, organizing and self- presentation skills, unquestionable integrity, self driven , team player who enjoys working with people.
Method of Application
Applicants to send their letters, CV, copies of academic and professional qualifications & ID copy both online and through post to the below address, to reach us before close of business on 25th October 2018.
The company is an equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for the position.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ag. General Manager
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd
P.O Box 90414