- We do not charge candidates for recruitment and we dissociate ourselves from any entity defrauding candidates. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Job Vacancies at Wadhwani Foundation
Posted on: 12 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Wadhwani Foundation
Wadhwani the Foundations comprising of Wadhwani Charitable Foundation and Wadhwani Operating Foundation are working with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies through large-scale job creation with presence in Asia, Africa and Latin America operating in association with governments, corporates, mentors, investors and educational institutes.
- This role is one of high importance and impact to launch and manage GSN initiative in North Africa. This will involve interface with national APEX bodies in Industry, Education and Investors, as well as Educational Partners to deliver a new paradigm of industry driven mainstream education
- The Regional Manager will own all activities related to launching and making the GSN program in the region successful while working with local partners
- Key activities will be in the area of planning and implementation of all SDN related activities and interfacing with partners.
- Create a detailed project plan, monitor actions and ensure timely completion of deliverables to meet the objectives
- Be connected with designated points of contact from the Industry – Companies and Associations – to facilitate an industry driven program.
- For use of own or specially developed curriculum, be the liaison between the Education partner and the Industry sector skills council/companies’ points of contact
- Ensure Curriculum covers all aspects of training – Classroom instruction material, Faculty Guide, Learners/Student guide.
- In addition, help arrange Faculty Development training through Subject Matter Expert(s) from SSCs/Industry (with industry input/participation). This may involve identification, networking and development of Master Trainers who can deliver the Faculty Training courses.
- Master’s degree or other equivalent degree
- Experience of at least 15-18 years in the vocational training and skilling sector; Exposure to the education structures and systems. Experience setting up projects from scratch; Experience in training and development using current tools.
- Experience should include interfacing with higher educational institutes, government departments and other entities.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic planning skills. Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Communications: Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Able to develop documents and other write-ups for communication on paper, via the web and other means.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences including students, teachers, principals, government as well as industry personnel.
- Project Management: Strong program management skills. Ability to break up a complex deliverable into a project plan with realistic tasks.
- Ability to manage aggressive deadlines with ownership and required hard work to keep to deadlines.
- People/Team Skills: Highly presentable and pleasant. Confident and able to interface with senior faculty/ industry experts/ Education Partners and government officials to derive results. High energy, exhibiting passion and drive for their work and able to rally other people around common goals. Work as an independent contributor and also as coordinator in a team.
- Partnerships with educational institutes including Engineering and Management institutes and Colleges to provide entrepreneurship education as an integral part of the training, exposure and experience for the students, so that they are skilled entrepreneurially.
- Support Start-ups and SMEs through learning, connects and other resources for sustainability and growth.
- Develop city based entrepreneurship eco-systems with strong networks of mentors, investors, service providers and entrepreneur-peer groups that can support new start-ups and growing SMEs in those cities.
- Key activities will be in the area of planning, implementation coordination.
- Interfacing with Engineering and Management institutes, Entrepreneur and SME organizations, Mentor and Investor groups.
- Entrepreneurship education network
- Responsible for developing and managing the NEN institutions & other partner Organizations including Entrepreneur & Startup Associations in a given market
- Qualify and sign up relevant institutes as per target & within timelines
- Facilitating the capacity development of member institutes –this includes working with the head of the institution, faculty leaders, and students to help structure, design and execute the right experiential programs
- Facilitate access to different resources from within and outside the Wadhwani Foundation.
- Initiate and lead collaborations, networking & training programs on ground
- Identify & develop local resource teams including key faculty, mentors & entrepreneurs
- Work with individual institutions to visualize and build goals & annual road maps
- Work with the Central Team in mapping the market training needs and help implement these programs on ground
- Help administer the surveys on campuses at regular intervals
- Catalyze interest in entrepreneurship amongst students on campuses
- Drive participation for programs
- Start-up and SME network and support
- Identify and enroll high potential startup entrepreneurs and SMEs for different kinds of programs
- Identify and strategically engage all the relevant ecosystem partners such as mentors, investors, incubators, accelerators
- Deploy the NEN service offerings intelligently to the respective target customers in each region
- Monitor the impact of the program through jobs created
- Identify critical needs of startup entrepreneurs in the region and provide recommendation to program and product teams for modifications or development of relevant programs and content.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Social Work, education or other equivalent. Master is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum 15-18 years in leadership roles in start-ups or leading medium scale businesses. Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic planning skills. Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Communications: Able to listen, understand and communicate effectively. Able to develop documents and other write-ups for communication on paper, via the web and other means. Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences including students, teachers, principals, government as well as industry personnel.
- Project Management: Strong program management skills. Ability to break up a complex deliverable into a project plan with realistic tasks. Ability to manage aggressive deadlines with ownership and required hard work to keep to deadlines.
- People/Team Skills: High energy, exhibiting passion and drive for their work and able to rally other people around common goals. Work as an independent contributor and also as coordinator in a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wadhwani Foundation career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Wadhwani FoundationSimilar Jobs
- ICT Instructor at Rafiki wa Maendeleo
- Business Transformation Officer P4 at World Food Programme
- East and Southern Africa Regional Facilitator at Mercy Corps
- Intergrated Innovative Food Systems Expert at Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Partnerships Specialist (Private Sector) at UN Children's Fund
- Programmes Coordinator at Secours Islamique France
- Hospital Manager at Marie Stopes International
- Regional Age, Gender and Diversity Coordinator at Danish Refugee Council