If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Tea Packers Limited (KETEPA) is a household name in the Tea Industry being the leading tea blending, packaging and marketing company in Kenya.
Our brand portfolio includes Fahari Ya Kenya, Safari Pure, Ketepa Pride, Jani Green Tea, Maisha Purified drinking water, Karibu Chai and Chai Yetu which have a wide presence in the country and across the region.
We are seeking to recruit a qualified, Kenyan citizen to fill the position of a Lead Developer / System Administrator in our ICT Department on permanent and pensionable terms.
This position reports to the ICT Manager.
Purpose of the Job: This position reports to ICT Manager and will be responsible for the development and support of all Systems including the ERP and Online Systems.
The holder requires strong analytical skills and will be responsible for; reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying systems including encoding, testing, debugging, installation and support of new and existing application systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Development of new applications by analyzing user requirements, constructing workflows & diagrams, studying design capabilities and writing specifications.
- Spearhead the design and development of database structures to meet KETEPA’s business requirements and anticipated technological innovations.
- Devising, developing and implementing disaster recovery procedures for all systems running in KETEPA.
- Planning and executing database IT Security measures, performance monitoring and maintenance procedures.
- Monitoring, managing system bugs and communicating with system vendors on change requests, updates and support requests.
- Documenting and communicating complex software problems that are beyond internal support to relevant software vendors for resolution and patches.
- Investigate and resolve ERP functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting existing systems.
- Reviewing current manual processes with the view to develop relevant applications or integrating stand-alone systems to the main ERP.
- Ensure databases are always available to users by implementing high availability and disaster recovery options.
- Enhancing existing and developing new ERP reports to aid in critical business decisions and for performance review.
- Analyse data contained in all systems and identify any data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems as well as providing SQL administration to live and test environments.
- Spearhead business intelligence efforts by identifying the correct reporting system to generate effective dashboard reports and alerts.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the ICT Manager within the scope of the position.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess;
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree, ICT, Engineering or related fields;
- At least Six (6) years’ experience in a busy IT environment with strong background in programming and systems development.
- Possession of Microsoft Certified Solution developer.Net (MCSD.Net)
- Practical knowledge and programming of Microsoft SQL Databases and Crystal Reports.
- Fully familiar with Microsoft technologies with special emphasis on Web/Internet programming using ASP.net/IIS, Visual BASIC as front-end development tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later version as back-end databases.
- Proficiency in enterprise reporting tools including Crystal Report
- Good understanding of Active Directory, Windows 2008 & later operating system, Exchange 2010 Mail server.
Method of Application
If you fulfill the above requirements, you are invited to apply by submitting in a sealed envelope an application letter together with an upto date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials and names of 3 referees to the address provided below on or before 26th October 2018, or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Human Resource & Administration
Kenya Tea Packers Ltd
P.O Box 413 – 20200