If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute (CAPYEI) Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of this project is to assist disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
The following job vacancies are available in our organization;
Job Purpose: The Project officer will be in charge of overseeing the planning, implementation, Control and Evaluation of the project.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- In consultation with the HR manager, assist in selection of staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project centers in liaison with the training manager according to the established policies and practices of the organization.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Update the Training Manager on the progress of the project deliverables.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write reports on the project for management and for funders
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Assist in evaluating the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Any other duty assigned.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Project management
- Over 4 (four) years lead role experience in project management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management
- Management and Leadership Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Organizational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Time management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Decision making and leadership skills
go to method of application »
- Visit each Centre under your supervision at least once a month to monitor the progress and address any issues hindering effective operations of the Centers.
- Monitor and oversee the student selection process and ensure that all students admitted in the center adhere to CAPYEI admission criteria.
- Get road show plans, inception report, progress report, business mentors report and all other reports adhering to timelines and submit them when required.
- Hold regular meetings with Centre staff to get updates on the progress of the Centers and address any challenges arising.
- Maintain constant communication with the Centers to get updates on the Centre progress.
- Closely monitor facilitators and Centre Coordinators performance to be able to continually improve the performance of the Centers.
- Work closely with Centre coordinators and facilitators to meet the requirement of 10% -15% micro enterprise startups from each Centre.
- Coordinate with entrepreneurship department to ensure each center has conducted at least one entrepreneurship day during the batch.
- Inform HR in written form of any staff absenteeism, leave taken and sick off taken. In addition, you must ensure that staff fills the necessary application forms before proceeding on any leave.
- Submit individualized progress report of each facilitator under your supervision at the end of each month.
- Work with Monitoring Executive to ensure student feedback is collected at least once in a batch.
- Work with Life Skills Coordinator to ensure effective implementation of life skills module.
- Use the feedback obtained from the post placement studies to make any necessary changes that will have positive impact on the program.
- Inform HR immediately of any disciplinary issues on the part of employees and provide all the necessary information relating to such disciplinary.
- Conduct walkabouts while visiting the Centers and inspect all facilities in the Centre and ensure they are all working properly.
- Organize and facilitate one BMN meeting in every 6 months at the regional level.
- Develop checklist that will be used by the facilitators to inspect Centre facilities to ensure they are functioning properly at all time.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in any related field
- At least 2 batches experience in center coordination
- Demonstrated Strong leadership skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle diverse tasks simultaneously using prioritization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Demonstrated good coordination skills
Method of Application
To express interest in these opportunities, send your applications indicating expected salary by 16th November 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cover letter to be pasted on the main body of the email.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note: CAPYEI does not charge any fee at any stage of recruitment.