The Kenya Revenue Authority was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya, which became effective on 1st July 1995. KRA is charged with collecting revenue on behalf of the government of Kenya.
The holder of this job will be responsible for
- the effective coordination and management of the overall audit activities and processes including provision of required documents, information, resources to the auditors,
- Timely issuance of reports/queries to auditees and timely submission of responses, information and documents to the auditors to ensure full resolution/clearance of issues.
- formulate effective liaison between the auditors and auditees to ensure meeting of reporting and response timelines, quality and documentation standards, and provide monthly status feedback to Management.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for coordination of all audits in the Authority. Ensure that audits are properly planned and coordinated; proactively communicated and audit queries / enquiries are fully addressed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the drafting and execution of the Audit Letters of Understanding between the Auditors and Auditees, and the entry / exit meetings for each audit.
- Facilitate and attend all audit meetings as required (eg Entry, Exit, Status etc.)
- Continuously follow up to ensure that the Auditors are provided with documents and information as agreed at the Entry Meetings and whenever required.
- Review Management responses for completeness and quality prior to submission to the auditors- Review all draft audit findings, recommendations and draft reports for quality in liaison with respective departments and the Internal Audit department.
- Collate and coordinate responses to audit reports for the Financial Statements and the Revenue Accountability Statements.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly management status reports on the external audits. Highlight issues arising and status of resolution of issues.
- Facilitate complication of reports to Management, Finance, Audit and Parliamentary Committees as required.
- Follow up to ensure internal audit reports are responded to in time including the IAPs and quality check the responses. Liaise with Internal audit department on resolution of queries where necessary.
- Monitor implementation of Finance Division internal audit recommendations. Provide requisite support to ensure that the recommendations are implemented.
- Prepare monthly status reports on implementation of internal audit recommendations.
- University degree in Commerce /Economics/Business Administration or related field
- CPA or ACCA Finalist
- Member of ICPAK or any other equivalent professional body
- Computer literacy
- At least five years experience in an accounting or auditing department /set up of which three years should be at Managerial or Asst. Managerial level.
go to method of application »
The job holder is Responsible for effective management of all assets, transport logistics , outsourced services and F&LS ancillary services.
- Management of the Authorities facilities in the Regions.
- Develop the strategic plan and budget for the unit
- Overseeing fleet management
- Ensure repair and maintenance of the Authority’s property to the required standard.
- Review bills of quantities and supporting documents for accuracy
- Prepare monthly and other regular reports and submit to the Chief Manager.
- Ensure all health and safety, environment policies and regulatory requirements are complied with.
- Management of outsourced services
- Oversee housing allocation.
- Management of furniture (acquisition, distribution, tracking and accountability) and ensure relevant records and service schedules are kept up to date at all times.
- A degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Certificate of Registration with the relevant Professional Body
Relevant work experience required
- At least 7 years work experience.
- Projects/operations management
- Organizational and planning skills
- Good strategic, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good communication and customer care skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with third parties and staff
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 11th June, 2019.
KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.