At Safaricom, our evolution has been driven by the spirit of innovation. We can provide you with multiple opportunities to innovate and solve real-world, complex technical and business problems as you join us on our journey. We strive to have various career opportunities available for undergraduates.
The Cyber Security Architect role is responsible for defining, analyzing and periodically reviewing the technology security strategy and roadmap based on the ever-evolving threat landscape and ensure risks identified are adequately mitigated. He/she will also architect and design cyber security systems in line with best practices to ensure they meet all requirements including adequate security, capacity and performance.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Security Strategy & Secure by Design, the successful candidate will lend support in ensuring all new and existing systems/products/services are designed and implemented in a secure manner to avoid or mitigate any risks/security threats encountered.
- Define, analyze and periodically review the cyber security strategy and roadmap based on the evolving threat landscape and ensure risks identified are mitigated
- Architect and design cyber security systems in line with best practices to ensure they meet user requirements including adequate security, capacity and performance.
- Define cyber security requirements and acceptance criteria for new systems
- Draft and evaluate RFIs/RFPs
- Liaise with Supply Chain in the procurement process
- Do the technical evaluations (Ops team should also be involved in this)
- Select the best solution and present to the CAPEX governance board
- Ensure all vendors have up-to-date contracts (contract management)
- Implement, Test, Deploy and Commission new systems (Ops team should also be involved in this to some extent especially in testing for smooth handover)
- Ensure proper change management and system handover processes are followed
- Recommend major upgrades where required and liaise with the operations team when doing the upgrades especially if it affects the design/architecture of the system
- Ensure all security technology and processes implemented are continually improved to maximize on their returns/benefits
- Manage all aspects of projects and vendor related issues in line with best practices
- Define metrics and report periodically that clearly demonstrate return on security investment (ROSI)
- Conduct research and development/security intelligence on new areas in security and present on them for sensitization and knowledge transfer to other team members/staff
- Ensure all security systems implemented have high availability and disaster recovery in accordance with best practices
- Degree in Electrical Eng/Computer Science/Information Technology
- Advanced professional information security certifications e.g. CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CEH/CPTP/OCSP
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Certifications in the use and administration of security tools e.g. Firewalls/IDS/Content Filters/Antivirus/Ethical Hacking tools
- Certifications in virtualization technologies: VMware, HyperV, Open Stack
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Cyber Security Systems – e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Content Filters, Security Hacking tools, Antivirus, Encryption etc…
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT Networks and Systems Administration e.g. Cisco, Huawei, Windows, Linux, Unix etc…
- Working knowledge of web technologies e.g. cPanel, ModSecurity, Apache, PHP, Joomla, WordPress and ASP
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress SQL
- Working knowledge of Virtualization Technologies e.g. VmWare, HyperV, Open Stack
- Working knowledge and experience in DevOps and Microservices technologies i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab/Github etc…
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD, SS7 etc.
The Cyber Security Assurance role is responsible for conducting security reviews, vulnerability assessments & penetration tests across all of Safaricom’s systems and infrastructure to ensure they remain compliant to Safaricom’s policies, standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001 and PCI.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Security Strategy & Secure by Design, the successful candidate will lend support in ensuring all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Safaricom’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, PCI etc. The candidate will also provide timely security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight timelines.
- Conduct periodic security reviews, vulnerability assessments & penetration tests across all of Company’s systems/infrastructure
- Ensure all new and existing systems/products/services comply with Company’s security policies & standards and other industry best practices e.g. ISO27001, PCI, GDPR etc.
- Provide timely and quality security assurance reports and advice to the business when required even with very tight deadlines
- Do regular follow ups with system custodians/owners to ensure any security risks identified are addressed within the agreed timelines
- Define Cyber Security metrics and report periodically on security compliance across all networks/systems
- Develop a monthly scorecard for each department based on how well they are performing in terms of Cyber Security compliance
- Research on new threats/technologies/vulnerabilities/security design principles etc.
- Degree in Information Security/Computer Forensics/Computer Science/Information Technology or other relevant Technical Degree
- Information security certifications e.g. CEH/CISSP/CISM/CISA/GIAC/CPTP/OSCP
- Advanced Networking certifications: CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCIE are also preferred
- Certifications in Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Demonstrate competency in the use and administration of ethical hacking tools e.g. KALI Linux, Metasploit, Nexpose, Nessus, Nmap, BurpSuite etc…
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Information Systems Security – e.g. Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Pre-and-Post Implementation System Reviews, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in Networking and Operating Systems e.g. Cisco, Windows (All), Unix, Linux etc… will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of databases e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, MariaDB, Postgress will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Virtualization Technologies e.g. VMware, KVM, Microsoft HyperV will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge and experience in DevOps and Micro services technologies i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Github/Gitlab etc… will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Mobile and GSM technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD etc… will be an added
The Cyber Security Prevent & Defense Team is responsible for implementing cyber security architecture, policies and standards. The team is as well responsible for ensuring that information security is integrated with business security requirements while focusing on service excellence.
Reporting to the HOD – Cyber Security, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that operational cyber risk requirements for Safaricom are effectively managed, met and exceeded as well as driving forward the strategic integration of cyber security programs within Safaricom. The role holder will work with the Head of Department – Cyber Security to ensure adequate budget, resource and management focus is on cyber security risks.
- Provide oversight and management for operational cybersecurity activities, processes and polices as required.
- Lead of all aspects of design, development, implementation and optimization of cyber security solutions.
- Work to build out, enhance and manage a team of Cyber Security professionals.
- Create a climate that fosters research and development (R&D) efforts in the Cyber Security space, thus channeling input into the departmental Security Strategy & Innovation Roadmap.
- Act as a primary liaison within the Cyber Security Department, working with service delivery teams, peers and clients to ensure that implemented cyber security services operating smoothly.
- Responsibility for driving service improvements by ensuring that concerns with the services supplied are clearly understood and way forward put in place.
- Projects Management & Support the managed security services strategy.
- Coordinating, leading teams and managing stakeholders.
- Manage vendors and ensure services are being delivered as per SLA.
- Support the Managed Security Services strategy and roadmap
- Active participation in IT security events and trade shows.
- Continuous performance coaching of team for better delivery.
- Expert level analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- CAPEX and OPEX Budget forecasting and management.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/information Technology
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification:CISM/CISA/CISSP/CEH/CCNA/CCNP(Security)
- At least 6+ years of hands on experience in managing day to day Cyber Security related operations
- At least 2 years’ experience in Cyber Security Incidents and Crisis management
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft, Linux or Unix Operating Systems and Networks administration
- Proven experience in supervising, leading or coordinating teams and managing stakeholders
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within the Corporate Security Division.
The Cyber Security Prevent & Defense Team is responsible for implementing cyber security architecture and policies. The team is in charge of the day-to-day running of the Cyber Security Infrastructure, managing support SLAs with both internal and external customers, and running of key cyber security programs.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Prevent and Defense, the successful candidate will be in charge of the day to day operation and maintenance of Technology Security tools and services and ensure 99.999% uptime. He /she will implement the technology security architecture as designed by the Technology Security Design/Engineering team, according to industry best practices.
- Act as an operational team lead in the configuration, management and upgrade of a wide variety of other security products/appliances
- Troubleshoot and remediate Level 2/3 issues impacting Technology Security operations
- Liaise with other business leads and participate in project meetings and contribute to design reviews – from high level application architecture to configuration of OS level parameters to meet security goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact & escalation point for Security Administration tasks and coordinate provisioning, installation and troubleshooting
- Lead efforts in documenting & reviewing the changes, operation and troubleshooting of Technology Security platforms and procedures
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/information Technology
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISSP/CISM/CISA
- Advanced competencies in Network Security: CCNP or CCIE (Security)
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft, Linux or Unix Operating Systems administration
- Advance competencies experience in Information Security Technologies
- Minimum of 5 years Network Security experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems, Web Application Firewalls, VPN administration, Content Filters, Security Scanning tools.
- Experience in design, delivery and support of Information Security solutions to customers will be and added advantage.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the SME and Channels section of the Enterprise Business Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the role holder will meet overall NPS, revenue and acquisition targets for the assigned territory and work with Safaricom Business Partners to retain, develop, manage and expand the customer base and grow revenues.
- Development of plans to achieve set billed revenue targets in the territory;
- Increase product and Business solutions penetration through cross sell to named accounts, in assigned territory;
- Ensure revenue growth by growing ARPA in the accounts through up sell;
- Achieve the set NPS targets for the Accounts in the territory;
- Ensure achievement of set churn targets for assigned accounts ;
- Develop strong relationships with customers at CxO to maintain ongoing revenue stream;
- Ensure all accounts are managed through well thought out Account Development Plans;
- Minimum 1 years ’experience in selling to the SME market
- Diploma in Business Administration/Bachelor of Commerce degree from a recognized university;
- Solid understanding of the Enterprise market, trends and technology as well as sound knowledge of the Nairobi region market;
- Experience in managing indirect channel in a telecoms environment is an added advantage;
- Strong business Acumen;
- Team player with pleasant outgoing personality & resilience;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive, confident, energetic & with ability to work under pressure.
- As part of the interview process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field;
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document;
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB);
- University Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate;
- National ID/Passport.
We are pleased to announce the above vacancy in our Human Resources Division. In keeping with our current, emerging and future business plans, we are looking for an individual who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, you will lead the business units through development and implementation of people and organization strategy to deliver the business objectives. You will have a track record in delivering organization wide business transformation to unlock new and emerging businesses. As the HR interface with the business leaders, you will leverage your expertise in leading the organization design and change management for new lines of business. Additionally, you will have in depth experience in talent and capability through diagnosis, planning and delivery to grow the business. You will build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders to proactively identify areas where HR can add value and lead solutions in support of strategic goals and improving organizational performance.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Design HR strategy and business plan, which includes measuring the nature, cost and effectiveness of delivered HR solutions and a pipeline of planned interventions.
- Work with the leadership teams to establish a people agenda which underpins and supports the delivery of the business goals and drives employee engagement
- Act as chief HR consultant to the business. Coach and influence SLT leaders and other senior leaders on the implementation of corporate policies and practices related to Human resources
- Drive the HR agenda within the Division ensuring that all people managers are equipped and able to deliver against the annual recurring people management requirements
- Articulate the business case for early HR involvement in Merger and Acquisition due diligence work, Assess M&A risks & opportunities from a People and Organization perspective, Make well-founded recommendations related to M&A opportunities
- Take the front seat to lead change for business, anticipating and navigating the business through, from organization design through to smooth implementation.
- Proactively manage the HR Business Partner supplier interfaces (Centres of Expertise, HR Operations etc) to ensure a seamless customer experience for Leaders, People Managers and Employees
- Provide leadership to others (HRBPs where applicable) and COE dedicated resources
The Successful Candidate will possess the following core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- The ability to articulate the People Strategy and follow through its endorsement and implementation through the client groups
- Expert level demonstrable capability in leading Organization Design and leading and managing the subsequent changes needed
- Expert capability in Talent and Capability function through demonstrated diagnosis, planning, mapping and development of the Talent and Capability in the client groups
- Professional capability and experience in driving business transformation; with hands on Mergers and Acquisition experience
- A black belt coach with demonstrated results in executive coaching for impact and growth felt through the organization
- Strong communication skills and excellent stakeholder relationship management at C-suite and other levels
- Professional capability and relevant experience in deployment of agile structure in an organization and influencing the mind shift of agile way of working
- Leadership & execution within the domain function
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Degree in Business Management or related field
- Breadth of knowledge and business acumen typically obtained from a total of 8-10 years’ work experience in a large commercial and / or digital service provider of which 4-5 years should be within the HR function directly in, or closely supporting, executive and line operations
- Demonstrate expert competence in more than 2 Human Resource technical functions: Talent and Capability development and Organization Effectiveness
- Minimum of 4 years in delivery of complex organization development and change management.
- Proven track record of managing programme / project management (including the coordination of multiple internal and external resources)
- As an added advantage, experience in Mergers and Acquisitions is a bonus
As part of the interview, process external candidates should prepare the following documentation, which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews.
An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
University Degree Certificate/ Letter of Completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate.
Copy of your National ID/Passport
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.