Voltalia is an international player in the renewable energy sector. The Group produces and sells electricity generated from wind, solar, hydraulic, biomass and storage facilities that it owns and operates. Voltalia is also a service provider and supports its investor clients in renewable energy projects during all phases, from design to operation and maintenance. Voltalia has generating capacity in operation and under construction of more than 1 GW and a portfolio of projects under development representing total capacity of 6.2 GW, of which 0.6 GW is secured. The Group has 591 employees and is present in 18 countries on 4 continents and is able to act worldwide on behalf of its clients. Voltalia is listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris, compartment B (FR0011995588 – VLTSA) and is part of the Enternext Tech 40 and CAC Mid & Small indices. The Group is also included in the Gaïa-Index, an index for socially responsible midcaps.
We are searching for our Financial & Adminitrative Leader for our new office in Nairobi (Westland).
Verify financial records and transactions in collaboration with an external accounting company. Have a keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports. In charge of the production and analysis of the reporting sent to the group (IFRS norm).
Financial Leader Responsibilities
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepare financial statements and analysis in collaboration with external accounting company.
- Analyze financial reports.
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Record financial information for analysis.
- Preparing documents and interprete financial information for managers, executives, and international head quarters finance dept.
- Forecast and plan for future needs.
- Assist in general audits and tax audits.
- Prepare financial reports for HQ based on IFRS norms.
- Maintain account balances and bank statements.
- Manage general ledger and assist month-end/year-end close processes.
- Ensure compliance with all internal processes.
- Coordinate with headquarter for Adminitrative and HR requests
- Reporting to Finance and HR department when necessary
- Accompany the growth of the company.
- University degree Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent from a recognized institution. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- CPA (K) - Member of ICPA(K) or equivalent
- 10 to 15 years experiences
- Previous experience as an accountant/auditor considered as a plus
- Excellent computer skills; MS-Office Suite.
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus.
- Proficiency with consolidation software would be highly appreciated.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency with IFRS norms.
- Good English language written and read
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Voltalia career website on www.linkedin.com to apply