St. Francis Community Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by undergoing ISO 9001:2015 certification process. As part of our growth, exciting vacancies have arisen and we invite suitably qualified to apply for the following positions:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder will create and implement approved communications strategies and policies to ensure effective communication with the employees, community, government, partners and the public in general. She/he will be responsible for public relation aspects within the institution and should Build and sustain Hospital reputation in quality, reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in managing the hospital brand and reputation.
- Responsible for all internal communication at St.Francis Community Hospital.
- Come up with creative ideas on content for our website and marketing sites.
- Ensure all communication is consistent with the Hospital’s branding guidelines.
- Provide technical support for all communication matters, coordinate development of communication strategy and deliver communication objectives throughout the Hospital.
- Be responsible for the Hospital’s photo library.
- Provide in-house public relations and marketing for St.Francis Community Hospital.
- Facilitate CME’s on effective communication, Public relation and customer service.
- Responsible for the hospital communication infrastructure and equipment.
- Ensure the communication unit maintains a Resource Center with medical research and other material relevant to the Hospital’s work to facilitate research and dissemination.
- Degree in communication, journalism or public relation from a recognized University
- Three years relevant experience in Communications, Media or Public Relations.
- A Diploma or Certificate in International Relations will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (in both English and Kiswahili) and social media skills.
- Desire to serve people.
- Able to deal with a diversity of people of different cultures and able to build bridges.
- A committed Christian.
- Good organizing, planning, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Provide shadowing supervision for the unit communication champions.
- Computer literate with hands on experience on internet, HMIS, MS Office and media publication software.
- Must be a team player.
go to method of application »
- Managing patients with dental conditions by diagnosing, investigating, treating and documenting;
- Admitting patients and undertaking minor oral and maxillofacial surgery; prosthetics, orthodontics, peadodonticts, restorative, periontodology and conservative dentistry;
- Carrying out dental examinations, age assessment and writing dental reports;
- Organizing and Participating in community sensitization and outreach programs on dental health care;
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Prescribing medications as needed and providing the appropriate follow up curative treatment.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, etc.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Advise and instruct patients regarding preventive dental care, the causes, and treatment of dental problems, and oral health care services.
- Ensure the delivery of all dental treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation and professional standards, including Unit policies/Procedures and quality initiatives.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and appropriate confidentiality with patient charting and related recordkeeping.
- Supervise the work of Dental Technicians, COHO and Dental Assistants.
- Prepare regular reports and present to management including plans to improve service delivery and revenue streams.
- Work collaboratively with other departments at St.Francis Community Hospital for the benefit of the clients.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending/Facilitating CMEs and establishing personal networks.
- Writing discharge summaries and follow-up of patients after surgeries;
- Ensuring all the procedures or services rendered to the patients are charged appropriatetly and on time.
Key Competencies and skills,
- Influencing, persuasion and negotiation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Delivery on quality results.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy hospital.
- MUST have completed one (1) year internship program.
- Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board. Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
Method of Application
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th August, 2019.