Sanivation is a social enterprise dedicated timproving overall health, dignity, and the environment by transforming human waste intan eco-friendly fuel. We have three factories and are rapidly expanding our work.
Currently recruiting for a dynamic individual to join as a key member of our Projects team. S/He will have an opportunity for hands-on technical work as well as management and strategy roles. And you’ll be joining a passionate team changing the face of sanitation in East Africa.
Looking for a WASH Engineer whwants tbring sustainable, safe sanitation to tens of thousands of people. This is an opportunity for personal impact and to help shape a new and growing department.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis and evaluated as they come in. We will recruit until role is filled, and we’re looking for starting ASAP.
- This role will report to the Director of Projects and collaborate with people across the business including Product Development and Operations teams.
- The role will develop inthaving management responsibility of fellows and a local team.
- The role will manage projects across the Infrastructure Lifecycle on feasibility, design, commissioning, and operation.
- It will require immense creativity while grounding ideas in experience and data, and a passion for figuring things out the hard way.
- University degree in engineering
- Work experience as an engineer in water, wastewater, sanitation or similar engineering field.
- Experience working in a developing country. East Africa preferred.
- Willing tlive in Kenya full time, strong preference for 2 year commitment
- Leading projects and managing teams
- Experience at various stages of the project lifecycle i.e. feasibility, design, construction, commissioning, operation and asset management
- Comfort working with a diverse, energetic team with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Working with a large, multinational organization
- Experience in fecal sludge management strongly preferred
- Experience in manufacturing
- Professionally certified engineer
- Experience checking and/or approving documents
- Training in Health and Safety
- Able to speak Swahili or eagerness tlearn
- Excellent cross-cultural communication
- Open-minded, inquisitive and critical approach tsanitation services
- Ability tfocus on the details while still pushing towards high-level goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity, risk and change; we are a startup building something completely new, sthe road will be bumpy and exciting!
- Confidence tchallenge assumptions and behavior – tsay the unpopular thing, raise opposing viewpoints and questions decisions made from above
- Passionate about social causes and a sense of humor
- Company growth
- Key member of design team for expansion treatment plants
- Advising on expansion strategy from a technology and systems perspective
- Collaborating on innovative new products with Product Development team
- Process commissioning
- Leading commissioning procedures including: data collection, SOP creation, H&S, troubleshooting
- Testing new machinery and equipment before passing it to Operations
- Operational improvement
- Leading data collection and management tinform future designs and improve current processes
- Establishing maintenance procedures
- Improving company-wide engineering standards
- Applying external perspective and experience tall work at Sanivation
- Recommending and implementing best practices from previous experience across design, construction, H&S and company culture.
- Supporting professional development of engineers at Sanivation
Method of Application
Applications will continue on a rolling basis until the role is filled. We’re looking for a candidate to start as soon as possible. Please send all applications to Talent@Sanivation.com with the subject: WASH Process Engineer.