- NEVER pay for any job, interview, certification, visa or any other fee to any employer or individual. If you need any clarification, email us: email@example.com
Value Centre General Manager, Distribution and Digital Banking at Standard Chartered Bank
Posted on: 16 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
We offer banking services that help people and companies to succeed, creating wealth and growth across our markets. Our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – Here for good.
With more than 86,000 employees in more than 60 markets, we have a 160-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic regions. We're listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
The Role Responsibilities
- Strategy Formulation & Execution, and Financial Management:
- Align with group & country Retail Banking priorities.
- Manage profitability across the Distribution Channels.
- Identify and define Digital & technology roadmap for alternate channels to support retail business delivery i.e. internet-banking, mobile banking, Agency Banking, Digital
- Lending & venturing into Fintech partnership and Development.
- Champion the role of digital in all revenue, product and communication activities; and provide digital knowledge input into customer and proposition development.
- Be responsible for leading the way in productivity through process improvement, better management tools and training.
- Optimize channels P&L, Balance Sheet & KPIs.
- Drive new sales and total revenue through customer deepening and retention.
- Business development, external alliance mgmt.
- One Bank collaboration with CIB & CB Management.
- Customer Experience & Relationship Management
- Delivery of Bank’s brand promise to our customer, tailored across segments.
- Partner with segment and products.
- Responsible for embedding a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
- Identify process improvements opportunities, drive for gap resolutions.
- Leadership, People & Community Development
- Ensure organization structure & people programs appropriate to deliver plans.
- Implement and embed a high-performance culture through robust performance management and differentiated reward and recognition.
- Responsible for developing a succession plan for all one down and mentor/coach top talent.
- Achieve strategic people requirements.
- Lead in employee engagement & attrition.
- Lead in strong internal & external networking & alliances building.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Be an effective agent of change and a role model within the bank
- Develop a people culture which encourages, and champions change among employees in the daily workplace
- Able to share and advise on best practices and emerging developments across the country/ cluster
- Risk management & control
- Compliance with external and internal regulations/policies on Ops, Credit, Reputational and People Risk.
- The implementation of Risk Type Global policies across the Cluster, and as appropriate, the maintenance of Business Policy/ Country addendum.
- Ensure that risk assurance processes are in place across the Cluster to provide evidence of proactive risk management of the Risk Type and compliance with policy.
- Ensure that the Risk Type is properly represented at the relevant Business/ Country Risk Committees.
- Ensure that Risk Management responsibilities and processes for the Risk Type are properly communicated across the Business/ Country to all staff impact.
- Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Strategy
- Country Retail Banking Strategy
- Overall Country financial performance
- Growth of a strong Retail Clients presence in Country
- Quality of customer service delivered in Country
Our Ideal Candidate
- University Degree backed by very strong formal banking and management training.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial services industry.
- Have played senior role in branches, New Business equivalent, Contact Centre management or Remote Banking,
- With domain expertise in at least 2 areas and, if possible, with experience very strong Digital capabilities/products/credit risk/operations.
- Strategic thinker, with proven large team management capability.
- In depth knowledge of products, sales, services, delivery channels and customer segments.
- Good communication skills both written and oral and the ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the Group Policies, Standards, local regulations and legislations on the prevention of money laundering.
Talent, Skill and Knowledge
- Strategic acumen
- Conceptual thinking – able to structure and organize
- Execution orientation – able to execute and deliver results
- Service and customer centricity
- Influencing and networking
- Presentation and communication
- Ability to manage in a geographically and culturally dispersed environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank Kenya career website on scb.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered Bank KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Graphic Designer at BFA
- Latest Recruitment at Dry Associates Limited Investment
- Treasury Accountant at Lipa Later
- E T Consultant (Knowledge Management) at World Bank
- Independent Financial Advisors at CIC Life
- Assistant Manager, Data Center and Networks at SBM Bank (Kenya)
- Chief Regional Financial Management Coordinator at African Development Bank
- Job Vacancies at Centum Investment Company Plc