Global Minimum Inc. ( http://gmin.org/ ) is a growing nonprofit organization that runs innovative learning programs for young people in Africa between the age of 13-20. Its two programs in Kenya and Sierra Leone- the Innovation Lab (InLab) and the Innovation Challenge (InChallenge) - enhance critical and creative thinking, strengthen STEM literacies and develop leadership skills in youth. The InLab program provides youth in poorly resourced schools with the space, tools and equipment to learn problem solving skills. We work closely with educators and students to develop student-centered design thinking and STEM curriculum that reflects current trends in innovation and prepare youth for future employability. GMin is a vibrant growing organization in an important, fast expanding space with great growth potential. The Program Manager will join a global team of dedicated leaders who are continually seeking innovative ways to improve educational outcomes and employability amongst African youth. GMin aims to rapidly expand within Kenya, Sierra Leone and throughout the African continent.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, strategic thinker to lead GMin’s InLab program in Kenya. GMin was recently awarded the Google Impact Challenge Kenya to grow the InLab Program to 20 schools by 2021. The Program Manager will lead GMin’s program expansion in Nairobi as well as establish and expand GMin’s program in Kisumu and Mombasa. The energetic candidate will drive community outreach, program delivery, communications and monitoring and evaluation. The Program Manager will carry out a range of activities including but not limited to stakeholder engagement, facilitation, volunteer management, curriculum implementation and data management.
- Develop the program plan, staffing needs and budget for delivery of a successful InLab program in Kenya.
- Deliver core curricula focused on introducing invention education which encompases design thinking, computing, programming, robotics and 21st century skills.
- Actively contribute to the design of new modules and curricula
- Design and implement information sessions and events to raise community awareness of InLab and recruit new partner schools
- Support Executive Director in cultivating and maintaining strong programmatic relationships with local stakeholders, including Ministry of Education, corporate sponsors, educator training networks, school administrators, teachers and parents.
- Evaluate InLab to effectively support growth of the program and align with the competency based curriculum as well as current trends in invention education, entrepreneurship & project based learning.
- Identify youth opportunities for program participants and alumni including field trips, workshops, speaking engagements and conferences.
- Implement M&E standard operating procedures, record and collect monitoring and evaluation data and document impact of InLab
- Publicize programmatic activities on social media, radio, print media, and GMin’s website.
- Onboard and coordinate program fellows and volunteers.
- Supervise program staff.
- Work collaboratively with teams in Kenya sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Demonstrated self-driven leader who thrives while tackling new challenges.
- At least 2 years project management experience
- Experience in administering and facilitating workshops, particularly for teenage youth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – can effectively engage with stakeholders ranging from school children to senior government officials.
- A team player eager to contribute to a growing organization and community.
- Deeply passionate about youth development and social impact
- Experience in education, specifically Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics will be an added advantage
- Bachelor's degree in business management, community development, education, or at least 2 years relevant experience.
What we offer:
- Experience working with an innovative organization where you will collaborate with prominent local and global leaders in the education, innovation and social impact.
- Ability to shape your own professional development pathway
- Ability to do meaningful work and directly impact Kenyan young leaders.
- Benefits package includes: vacation days, health care and professional development stipend, maternity/paternity leave
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Global Minimum Inc. career website on www.linkedin.com to apply