World Vision is a global community of millions, working together for one purpose: to change the lives of vulnerable children.
Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience love of God and their neighbours and are cared for, protected and participating. Together we share proven, worldclass development methods to bring food, water, education and economic change.
The function of the position of IT Graduate Intern (office support) is specifically for the provision of efficient IT and telecommunication solutions on a day-to-day basis to users.
- Operate an IT helpdesk for rendering prompt, professional and friendly assistance to users who report different ICT incidences and problems. To provide first-level IT Help-Desk Services to end-users.
- Provide first level hardware diagnosis and co-ordinate the operational aspects of hardware maintenance and servicing of all computer equipment.
- Install, maintain and upgrade computer equipment, software and peripherals in accordance with World Vision standards. This task includes ensuring that all computer software and antivirus applications are up-to-date.
- Assist in development of necessary in-house capacities for the efficient use of IT and telecommunication resources.
- Liaise with information systems team on the management and implementation of ICT Projects.
- Provide technical support to workshops and meetings onsite and off-site including preparation, installation and operation of equipment.
- Maintain inventory for all IT and Telecom equipment and provide regular updates to the ICT officer Customer Support.
- To offer basic IT support services to all users, while undertaking administrative tasks related to ICT.
- To provide in conjunction with the ICT Coordinator installation, configuration, servicing and maintenance of IT equipment and training of National Staff
- To maintain the IT Assets and Consumables database.
- Maintain the IT database; update the database whenever there is a change
- Provide first-level IT support services: troubleshooting and resolving end-users IT issues
- Participate in undertaking quarterly inventorying of IT equipment
- Regular Servicing and maintenance of ICT equipment, which will include: cleaning and blowing dust; anti-virus update and scanning
- Training National staff on computer basics and applications
- Ensuring that only authorized people can access the office network facilities
- Educational level required: University degree in computer Science, or equivalent plus Microsoft MCSE and / or Cisco CCNA Certification.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Microsoft MCSE or Cisco CCNA qualification
- Experience: Experience in computer systems (LAN, WAN TCP/IP connectivity, E-mail, application and user support domains)
- Experience in radio communication technologies (VHF, HF, etc..) and satellites
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Work environment: Office-based
- On call: When required.
Preparation and negotiation of proposals and annual budgets, financial reporting for management, donors and partners. Implementation and maintenance of accounting and financial internal control systems in line with WVI Finance Manual in order to ensure appropriate level of security. Facilitate external audit and review of all partners.
Provide frequent financial analysis across a portfolio of grants to support efficient resource allocation and effective and timely implementation of projects. Support operations in the development of agreements, systems and processes with members which support implementation in-line with donor and World Vision requirements.
Conduct financial management and risk assessment of sub-recipients, capacity building, budget negotiation and preparation as well as review and monitoring of their financial performance.
This is a key position in ensuring overall office risk associated with non-compliance to numerous donor regulation and World Vision policies and procedures is maintained at minimum level and give quality assurance of effective grants management.
With cross-border operation and risk associated with Partnering/Sub granting, this position will help mitigate any risks that the office is exposed to through this unique business model
- Proposal Development and Donor/Stakeholders Management
- Sub-recipient Management
- Financial Reporting and Accountability
- Risk Management
- People Management and Development
- Record Keeping and Management
- Educational level required: Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Technical Training qualifications required: CPA (K) or Equivalent
- Experience: 5 years or more experience in Grants Management with at least 2 years in a supervisory roles
- Other: Donor/Grant accounting experience within Consortiums and/or complex grants is preferred.
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to countries in the region with active conflict.
- Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.