St. Francis Community Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by undergoing ISO 9001:2015 certification process. As part of our growth, exciting vacancies have arisen and we invite suitably qualified to apply for the following position:
The Clerk of Works will ensure that the interests of St.Francis Community Hospital are represented with regards to confirming the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with the design information such as specifications/bill of quantities and engineering drawings, in addition to recognized quality standards.
The incumbent will report directly to the CEO.
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting quality tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract/bill of quantities, and report deficiencies to Hospital Management Team;
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
- Review and demonstrate understanding of contract documents, architectural drawings and specifications in order to maintain familiarity with the project.
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports and present to the Hospital Management Team as required (daily basis).
- Coordinate, monitor, inspect and supervise construction works.
- Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress.
- Attend all job-site/contract meetings as hospital’s representative.
- Perform related duties as assigned including continuous reporting to the contractor on available work fronts.
- Protect the hospital from incurring additional project costs including but not limited to fines, legal issues.
- Review requests for progress payments submitted by construction contractor and forward with recommendations to the Hospital Management Team.
- Leadership on site: Dealing skillfully and diplomatically by managing the requirements of a diverse range of people including Hospital management, architects, engineering professionals, sub-contractors etc.
- Conducting regular inspections to construction projects at critical phases
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of the project
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required.
- Must be able to check on the quality and quantity of materials delivered on site and in the storage unit.
- Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering/Building and Construction from a recognized institution.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Building and construction work.
- Proficiency in the use of design software and Microsoft office and knowledge of applicable National and County building regulations.
- Possess an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings as well as building methods and elements of strong projects analytics.
- Valid Certificate of good conduct
- Experience in construction of a recognized hospital will be an added advantage
- Proven track record in running projects
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Decisive individual with ability to think analytically, creatively and rapidly address challenges on site.
go to method of application »
The Legal Officer will be charged with the responsibility of ensuring Legal and Statutory Compliance in the Institution.
Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Rendering legal assistance through preparation of legal opinions, reports and correspondence as required from time to time by Management and Hospital Advisory Board.
- Responsible for all the external communications of the hospital.
- Ensuring provision of appropriate legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural questions of law in administrative functioning of the Hospital, to firmly secure the interests of the Hospital and its clients.
- Ensure adequate preparation of Litigations.
- Advising on and assessing the Level of Compliance to Legislative provisions.
- Monitoring performance of the Hospital Prequalified Panel of Lawyers and rendering advice on appointment/Prequalification of new panels.
- Providing Legal advice on Procurement and Human Resources processes;
- Follow up legal provision for the institution debt collection processes;
- Conducting Training and Dissemination of appropriate advice to staff on legal and compliance issues;
- Managing and administering the Corporate Legal Documentation and contracts;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts, MoU’s and other legal documents as required by the institution and various departments.
- MUST possess Bachelors of Law from a recognized institution
- Post Graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law
- At least 3 years’ working experience alongside being a practicing Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya with current practicing certificate.
- Certified Public Secretary will be an added advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literate
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Patient and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to observe high level confidentiality
Method of Application
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 30th October 2019