Tracom Services Limited is a Kenyan microfinance software company. It aims to “assist companies and organizations by developing cost-effective customized applications which enable them to streamline their daily operations”.
We are looking for a seasoned full-stack web developer to build out and manage a business-critical E-commerce platform. Successful candidates will have a minimum of four (4) years’ recent experience with all of the skills listed below.
The initial project entails implementing our pre-approved UI based on Magento framework, constructing APIs, connecting the two, and setting up the server-side infrastructure. This includes all associated areas such as database and architecture design.
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture for the E-commerce platform and other similar products.
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of the approved UI designs
- Design and deployment of the back-end infrastructure including database and RESTful APIs.
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- Design, develop, unit test, and deploy various web application customizations, including modifications and custom code in conformance with the company’s software development policies and procedures.
- Comply with all IT policies and procedures, and verify deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participate in design, code, and test peer review sessions throughout life cycle to identify tuning/optimization opportunities and issues.
- Managing time against multiple assigned projects as a part of the web development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in BSc Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in modern software development and programming languages e.g. Java, C#, PHP, Python, C++.
- Experience in J2EE with different frameworks like Struts, Hibernate, Spring MVC, JSF XML and Web Services, RESTful Web Services, Swing, JMS.
- At least four years’ experience with:
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful web services
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
- Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Magento framework and PHP, etc.
- Familiarity with a relevant and globally supported web application frameworks; both front-end and back-end, particularly AngularJS for FE development.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages / syntaxes / libraries e.g. Sass, Less, and webpack
- Thorough understanding of user experience as well as appreciation of product strategy.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests.
- Experience in SQL across a wide range of enterprise database management systems particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Strong experience with Windows and Unix-based server operating systems.
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code as well as proficiency with Git.
- Software development using different methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall as well as understanding of Test-Driven Development.
Are you looking for an environment that gives you an opportunity to take on the challenging technology world with enthusiasm? This opportunity is waiting for you at Tracom Services Ltd.
Method of Application
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us on or before 25th October 2019. Quote ‘TSL/Full-stack Web Developer/01/2019” on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.