Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital I.T Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Digital Engineering Operations Manager, the position holder will be responsible for designing technology solutions that meet our business requirements and deliver the associated benefits.
- Accountable for end to end micro-services and API strategy and roadmap with delivery as the main outcome
- Apply architecture and design principles consistently and holistically to enable target end to end usage scenarios
- Strong focus on DevOps use cases and workflows
- Developing and maintaining long term business domain knowledge
- Partner with architecture group to deliver solution blueprint and other UML base design documentation
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering /Information Technology/Systems (Computing) – operating systems, databases, software development;Electronic/Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunications or related subject
- 2 years java experience with hands on applciation delivery and usage J2EE design partners
- 2+ years of experience in microservices development using Java, JEE, spring, spring MVC, spring boot, MAVEN, spring cloud
- Experience developing solutions using agile, DevOps, testing and CI/CD automation tools such as jenkins, JMeter, Git, Stash, Sonar, Qube etc
View Safaricom's Salaries
go to method of application »
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Public Sector Sales Vertical within the Enterprise Business Unit Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Sector Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing Strategic Accounts (TML-Target Market List) within the Public Sector and NGOs vertical; to drive and achieve revenue targets through solution selling and segment propositions.
SALES ACQUISITION AND REVENUE GROWTH
- Individual contributor in a sales role responsible for delivering set revenue targets.
- Identify growth prospects (New/Up-sell/Cross-Sell) within the TML;
- Drive the identification and adoption of relevant segment propositions;
- Device strategic plans for Relationship penetration and ensure implementation of tactical plans including opportunity pipeline management;
- Proactive Relationship performance management and tracking;
- Position new Solution offerings within Public Sector and NGOs TML; through retention, acquisition and penetration;
- Provide thought leadership and Insights from customer engagements within the Public sector and NGOs Vertical.
RELATIONSHIP & BASELINE RETENTION
- Develop and execute customer ring fencing strategies in Public sector and NGOs Vertical;
- Stimulate existing prepositions within Public sector and NGOs Vertical;
- Develop strong relationships at CXO level in government and wider Buying Centers to understand mid-to-long term Public sector and NGOs objectives;
- Churn Management in Public sector and NGOs Vertical;
- Contract Management: Follow up on all existing contracts & renewal;
- Provide insight into the refinement of customer journey processes;
- Timely response to customer correspondence (not later than 24 Hrs.);
- Flag potential escalations in a timely manner.
NPS- Manage customer relationships to drive Net Promoter Score by:
- Maintaining strong and deep relationships with accounts under direct management;
- Follow through on all customer issues until closure;
- Maintaining communication with the customer throughout the entire customer journey.
- Embrace the SAFARICOM WAY - SIMPLICITY, TRANSPARENCY and HONESTY
SALES ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
- Formulate and manage customer relationship through up-to-date Account Development Plans, opportunity road maps, pipeline management and the entire sales cycle plan;
- Leverage company assets (events & activities) to nature relationship with key stakeholders (CXO & Buying Centre).
- Manage reporting cycles (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Strict adherence on use of CRM systems for progressing customer orders and reporting.
- Timely circulation of customer meeting minutes (Not later than 24 Hrs.)
- Degree in Commerce/ ICT or a business related;
- Work experience of 4-5 years managing enterprise customers in a B2G or B2B environment.
- Knowledge/ Work experience in ICT working in Public Sector, NGOs, Civil society, and Agribusiness firms will be an added advantage;
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to deliver results and meet and surpass targets;
- New business development skills.
- Be commercially savvy with a deep understanding and demonstration of Solution Selling.
As part of the interview process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- University Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate.
- National ID/Passport.
View Safaricom's Salaries
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
See Safaricom's Job Interview Questions and Answers