Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital (RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment.
“Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights declares every person is entitled to the right to health. Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital (RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment. RUNH was founded by World Friends in partnership with the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi and CISP and has been offering quality healthcare at affordable prices to our Nairobi communities since 2009.
Job Summary: The position is responsible for receiving and disbursing cash and accounting for all monies spent (involving cheques, vouchers, cash, electronic, credit and/or debt cards) and providing outstanding and friendly service in the interface and interactions with customers.
- Receive payment by cash, cheque, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate float for change.
- Observe and adhere to cash handling procedures, policies and/ or administrative requirements with respect to infection prevention and control, health and safety measures and emergency procedures.
- Ensure that basic safety measures are in place for the money collected and to be collected
- Prepare, organize and arrange all collected money for banking
- Resolve customer complaints and respond adequately to patient’s and customers’ questions that relate to cash transactions.
- Confirm cases of patients whose treatment costs are covered by the respective agency (partner, insurance company or sponsor) before making commitments.
- Provide adequate information on prices of procedures, goods, services or admission.
- Tabulate and present to patients/customers accurate bills (both inpatient and outpatient) and where raise invoices in a timely manner where applicable.
- Carry out daily reconciliation of transactions recorded and the actual money received; sort, count & wrap the currency collected and appropriately hand it over and report any discrepancies noted to the supervisor immediately.
- Keep accurate financial records and documentation of relevant patient/customer information.
- Compile reports in line with established requirements and procedures.
- Certificate, Diploma in a finance related field or at least CPA 1.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g scanners, cash register, money counters
- High level of honesty, reliability, flexibility and ability to handle large amounts of cash efficiently and accurately
Relevant Job Experience
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
Method of Application
Email your CV to to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th November 2019