Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 51 destinations worldwide, 43 of which are in Africa and carries over three million passengers annually. It continues to modernize its fleet with its 32 aircrafts being some of the youngest in Africa. This includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircrafts.
The Kenya Airways Ab Initio Pilot Trainee Programme gives you a launchpad into a career as future professional airline pilots where you will play a pivotal role towards connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa while providing our Guests with a delightful customer experience.
You are our preferred candidate if you meet the following minimum qualifications, competencies or personal attributes:-
- Have a University degree from a recognised university
- Must have attained a Mean grade of B (plain) or equivalent in your O’level/KCSE/GCSE or equivalent certification, with a B (plain) grade in Mathematics, English and Physics
- Must be Kenyan citizens aged 18 and above but not beyond 28 years
- Minimum height of 5'4'' and a maximum of 6'2''
- Must be a good team player of high integrity
- Must posses strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Must be medically fit with good eyesight
- Keen to learn under a very demanding environment.
Please note that we will NOT PROGRESS with applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements or do not provide all the information required as per the advertisement e.g. university degree, mean grade, grades in Math, English and Physics, age, height, ID number, etc.
Reporting to the Manager, Management Accounting, the role holder will be responsible for Joint Venture and Decision Support functions of the Management Accounting organization. This includes the provision of financial and non-financial information for the business.
- Ensure that the Company’s interests in Joint Ventures (“JVs”) are properly accounted.
- Ensure that reporting obligations to partners and other key stakeholders are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure compliance with financial terms of joint venture contracts.
- Ensure preparation of year-end and preliminary audit schedules for the cost tie backs
- Incorporate revenue data for final settlement.
- Carry out audits on joint venture partner financials.
- Development and maintain procedures to ensure accurate reporting for long range plan, budget and forecasting relating to the joint venture.
- Provide financial information to support business partners in joint venture decision making.
- Manage a data repository for each joint venture that includes all financial information pertaining to the Joint Venture such as the partnership agreement, audited financial statements and settlement agreements.
- Develop joint venture annual budgets with relevant partners.
- Identify on a monthly basis routes which achieved cabin factors below breakeven and those average fares below seat cost then communicate the same to the business for remedial action.
- Work with the revenue accounting and revenue management divisions to establish causes for low revenue retention and highlight the same to the business and management.
- Monitor on a monthly basis standard loads by flight, sector and aircraft type in order to identify deviations from expectations then seek corrective actions
- Regularly evaluate the KQ route schedule to determine its profitability and identify the impact of equipment changes by route
- Manage process flows within the budgeting module to ensure that group budgets and periodic forecasts are consolidated in line with inputs from the various business units.
- Challenge the various business units within the company by evaluating the financial impact of their intended strategic decisions (network expansion, fleet evaluation, capital expenditure justification) in order to enhance sustainable growth.
- Evaluate and monitor various inputs into joint venture routes, contracts, SPAs and assess the impact of each JV performance on overall network profitability and advise management.
- A degree in accounting or finance and/or a recognized accounting qualification.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) or Complete Certification Chartered Accountant (CA).
- At least 5 years job related management experience including 2 years in a management accounting function.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of business realities and well developed business acumen.
- Exposure to and participation in business and financial planning and decision making.
- Able to work under time pressure.
- Proven integrity, transparency and accountability through work performance
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and follow through without compromising quality.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.