Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
The African Leadership University is at the beginning of a rapid growth spurt, expanding its student numbers, course offerings, and campus locations. Over the next 5-Â7 years, it expects its student numbers to grow from the current 360 (on one campus) to over 25,000 (distributed on perhaps 6-Â8 campuses and in the 'cloud’). Despit...
Read more about this company
About The Role
In creating a world class education experience for our students and administrative experience for our staff, the Registrar Office at ALU plays a key role in ensuring our student data is centralized, accurate, trustworthy and compliant. The Assistant Registrar is the gatekeeper of all academic data, and will uphold academic integrity.
What You'll Do As Assistant Registrar
Academic Process Management:
- Responsible for maintaining student records at the campus level. This includes but not limited to; processing student matriculation, transfers, withdrawals and leave of absence.
- Process new student records, including setting up cumulative folder, and entering student data into appropriate databases such as Salesforce.
- Coordinating class schedules and resolving scheduling conflicts, whilst being able to survey sequentially.
Managing Student Data Records:
Build and maintain academic data systems that enable ALU to collect data on students' academics that is reliable, updated regularly and in a timely manner. Data on students' academics include their choice of majors, grades, attendance, academic standing and graduation dates.
- Coordinator and Integrator:
- Work with and implement systems to coordinate reporting of student academic standing between Admissions, Program Leads, Dean of Faculty, Head of College and other internal and external stakeholders such as; regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Academic Policy Ambassador:
- Working with various pieces of data requires utmost confidentiality and integrity. Having an awareness of internal Data protection, attendance and campus policies for example, the Assistant Registrar must be able to familiarize themselves with these, actively refer to them and reference them where needed.
What You'll Need
- Have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 3+ years of work experience in academic, data or systems administration
- Are passionate about transformative education
- Understand the major domains and trends in academic administration and know how to get up to speed on the areas where experience is lacking
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have Project management skills, and be effective at multitasking
go to method of application »
About The Career Development Team
The purpose of the Career Development Team at ALU is to design the systems that help our students make informed decisions on how to become the leaders that will transform Africa. We prepare students with the relevant skills and mindsets for the world of work; connect them to professional opportunities to practice their skills; and inform ALU's learning model with insights from employers on the future of work and our students' work readiness. We also partner with employers across Africa to ensure our graduates are set up for success with relevant skills and a year of real work experience as they launch into successful careers and leadership journeys after graduation.
While most of our students will likely take on professional jobs, we believe that Africa's success is also tied to building career support systems which help young leaders launch impactful alternative career paths in entrepreneurship, academia, public service, activism and art. At our core, our role is to help students understand themselves as professionals, understand the realities of the world, and then to successfully find their place in it.
About The Role
The Career Launch Manager will report directly to the Head of Career Development and work closely with the Student Placement Coordinator and Employer Partnerships Manager. You will be responsible for curating a diversity of career pathways, including jobs, graduate school and entrepreneurship opportunities for ALU students. You role will involve supporting our final year students and recent graduates to launch into successful career pathways after ALU and preparing them to drive and accelerate their careers thereafter.
- Developing a deep understanding of student interests and concerns about what it takes to succeed on the job market as a young professional to inform the Career Development Team's job support strategy
- Designing and executing a professional development strategy that prepares final year ALU students to be confident and successful in securing post-graduation opportunities including jobs, graduate school and entrepreneurial pathways. This strategy will include designing and facilitating workshops, group and individual office hours.
- Educating students and Faculty on expectations of entry level jobs in Africa
- Developing a deep understanding of ALU academic programs and training students and Faculty to accurately communicate the value of an ALU student to potential employers
- Influencing the ALU academic experience by leveraging insights from employers who hire ALU interns to ensure ALU's classroom preparation stays relevant and adaptive
- Launching our inaugural alumni professional community engagement plan, organizing peer learning and accessing professional opportunities for ALU students
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in Africa; ideally working in a fast paced, high-performing industry like consulting/ investment-banking/ a notable or high growth start up
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a managerial position; proven track record of managing high performing teams preferred
- Experience with stakeholder management and relationship building across all levels of partnership - CEOs, HR, Hiring Managers - to negotiate and create common interest and tangible value for all parties
- Experience in experiential learning, instructional design, and project management
- Strong belief in the amazing potential of Africa's youth, and you see them as active participants of their own learning, not passive recipients
- Track record of being self-directed, persistent, and systems-driven
- Exceptional coaching abilities to effectively develop students to have the right expectations and mindsets such as instilling confidence to create opportunities where there are none
- Ability to communicate effectively, ensuring students understand job and salary expectations
go to method of application »
About The International Business And Trade Major
Our International Business and Trade Degree Programme introduces students to foundational international business and trade skills through a "flipped classroom" model and challenges them to extend their learning through case challenges and live projects with corporate partners. It starts by providing students with foundational business skills, then adds complexity in the final years by understanding organisational contexts and international economic systems. Students gain valuable insight into innovative business through courses such as Entrepreneurship and New Venture Management, Cross Cultural Management, and Digital Strategy. Our academic programmes use project-based assessment, active and experiential learning, as well as peer-to-peer teaching to create a rigorous, engaging, and effective learning experience. ALU's International Business and Trade major introduces students to the knowledge and skills for launching and leading impactful businesses.
This role is full-time and will be based in Rwanda.
About The Role
The day to day of this role involves building and developing relationships with corporate clients by visiting them, understanding their needs, creating projects for our students to work on; as well as supporting and coaching students throughout their projects by building their skills. You will be acting as both a Project Manager with our Corporate Partners and a coach for our students. You will facilitate skills based workshops needed for our students to be able to deliver on their projects. You will also work closely with the team to provide support in designing experiences that enable students to push beyond the baseline of learning for the sake of learning. On a higher level, you will be involved in the co-creation of a vision and strategy for the programme, setting up the path that will allow students to extend the skills they learned to the outside world as the future leaders of the African Continent.
What You'll Need
- Masters degree in International Business and Trade or a related field required
- Experience doing Business in Africa in various sectors
- Have experience working with diverse and/or international organisations
- Some teaching or facilitating experience (formal or informal)
- Desire and enthusiasm to work with students
- Understanding of best practices for learning pedagogy in Business
- Enthusiasm to push boundaries
- Flexible and comfortable with change
And most importantly...
- Love for building a strong culture driven by the values and core beliefs for our community
- Passionate about transformative education
- Skills: Interpersonal, coaching, project management & empathy
- Mindsets: Data driven, collaborative leadership
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.