In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the position outlined below within the Fintech unit.
Department/ Division: DevOps
JOB PURPOSE / DESCRIPTION
Scrum Masters are highly visible leaders that work with all project and product stakeholders – from designers and developers to QA and product support teams as well as business owners to ensure that projects are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on-time delivery to production systems.
As a Scrum Master, you are passionate about coaching teams and evangelizing Agile Principles throughout the different functions. You will have the experience and the energy to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver products with the flexibility to know how to adjust to changing environments, teams and business needs.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Facilitate the development process, working closely with product and development teams
- Encourage, support and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products and processes
- Resolve conflict through arbitration, negotiation, reasoned discussion, or escalation
- Emphasize code quality through small, focused user stories and assist teams with a hands-on approach from inception to delivery of work
- Ability to use agile methods in a flexible manner that includes project management, adapting to the needs of the organization and creatively problem solving
- Challenge, coach and guide the organization using agile and lean principles and ceremonies (e.g. sprint planning, backlog prioritization)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of SDLC principles and practices
- Exceptional knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other Agile principles, practices and development techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of competency using Agile practices
- Accuracy and attention to detail with excellent organisational skills
- Contribute as a strong collaborator with product and project teams
- Demonstrate experience with end-to-end product development
- 2-3 years of experience as a Scrum Master, Project Leader or Project Manager. Preference will be given to candidates who have Scrum Master Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in computing or related field
- 2+ years relevant experience with Agile
- Competent with JIRA or equivalent tools
- Experience with large-scale application development